Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Hotel TVs - Do they have connection for Video cable?

Hotel TVs - Do they have connection for Video cable?

zxcvar

Greetings! I have a Olympus D510, which has a video cable to connect
Camera with TV. None of three home TVs [all are old]has any video
output jack. Does the hotel TVs have video jacks? With thanks.

Michael Meissner

http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) (zxcvar) writes:

> Greetings! I have a Olympus D510, which has a video cable to connect
> Camera with TV. None of three home TVs [all are old]has any video
> output jack. Does the hotel TVs have video jacks? With thanks.

It obviously depends on the hotel. The Best Western we stayed in upstate New
York had video jacks on the front of the TV, and I've been in a few hotels
where the connection to the TV appeared to be permanent.

I believe in terms of the RCA jacks that the D510V cable goes to, you can get
converters at many places like Best Buy, Radio Shack, etc. to go from RCA jacks
to the older connection (I'm blanking on the connection type, but it is round
with a single wire) or for that matter to go to S-video.

--
Michael Meissner
email: (E-Mail Removed)

mark_digital©

"zxcvar" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) m...
> Greetings! I have a Olympus D510, which has a video cable to connect
> Camera with TV. None of three home TVs [all are old]has any video
> output jack. Does the hotel TVs have video jacks? With thanks.

For what rooms are going for you're better off buying a new set for the
house.
Mark_

Stephen Leslie

Hi Zxcvar,

The only item you may require is a scart adapter to plug the av lead into
the tv, even for your current tv's.

As mentioned by others though, not all hotels may provide access to the
scart sockets onn the back of them.

However, most hotels ususally have a communial tv set up somewhere in the
hotel with a vcr which you may be able to use, just enquire at reception.

Cheers,
Stephen

"zxcvar" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) m...
> Greetings! I have a Olympus D510, which has a video cable to connect
> Camera with TV. None of three home TVs [all are old]has any video
> output jack. Does the hotel TVs have video jacks? With thanks.

Ron Hunter

zxcvar wrote:

> Greetings! I have a Olympus D510, which has a video cable to connect
> Camera with TV. None of three home TVs [all are old]has any video
> output jack. Does the hotel TVs have video jacks? With thanks.

Some do, but most only have a coaxial input for the RF signal. You can
buy an adapter that will allow you to connect to them, BUT, many hotels
have the jack ground hooked to a security system to warn them if it is
disconnected from the TV to prevent theft of the TV.
Check before disconnecting.

Larry Caldwell

(E-Mail Removed) (zxcvar) writes:

> Greetings! I have a Olympus D510, which has a video cable to connect
> Camera with TV. None of three home TVs [all are old]has any video
> output jack. Does the hotel TVs have video jacks? With thanks.

If you have a VCR, just plug the camera into the "video in" jack of the
VCR and use the RF modulator of the VCR to view your photos. As long as
the VCR is turned on and set to receive signal from "Line In", it will
output the signal on the coax connection to your TV.

You can also use the VCR to video tape a slide show for display on a TV.

--
http://home.teleport.com/~larryc

They are gaming Hays, Schwartkopff adn Mclean today, which means they are ealy doing something else, but I have to figure that yet. The game is fixed, how can the company ever win? profpsychoticmrs@aol.com Computer Support 0 03-08-2006 04:24 PM
Old analog TVs have to die and FAST Rich DVD Video 75 10-28-2005 10:23 AM
RubyConf Hotel -- they now say they *do* have rooms David A. Black Ruby 2 08-19-2004 08:16 PM