Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Re: How to convince the wife...

Re: How to convince the wife...

Charlie Self

Dreamer responds:

>Interestingly enough, I've heard other trolls claim that referring to
>someone as "my wife" implies that you own her and therefore the phrase
>should be avoided. Don't you people have some sort of common lexicon you can
>refer to so you keep your stories straight? Or would consistency hinder your
>work too much?

Well, they could always try SWMBO. She Who Must Be Obeyed. But that often gets
twisted into She Who Must Be Obedient.

Charlie Self

"The California crunch really is the result of not enough power-generating
plants and then not enough power to power the power of generating plants."
George W. Bush

Aaron Queenan

Saying "my wife" implies you own her just shows the trolls can't speak the
English language properly. Does "my boss" imply you own your boss? Does
"my friend" imply you own them?

The funiest is "my cat", because cats aren't owned by anyone - they think
they're god.

- Aaron.

"Charlie Self" <(E-Mail Removed)} wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
} Dreamer responds:
}
[...]

Steve Young

> "Aaron Queenan" <(E-Mail Removed)>
> wrote
> The funiest is "my cat", because cats aren't owned by anyone - they think
> they're god.

In fact, they come up and rub on you, so they can prove 'they' *own* *you*