Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > what prime lens for 10D ?

what prime lens for 10D ?

Lionel

On Thu, 07 Aug 2003 13:22:13 -0700, in
<(E-Mail Removed)>, Lisa Horton <(E-Mail Removed)>
said:

>You know, Bhaskar, each person is likely to have their own personal
>"ideal" focal length, based on what they photograph, how they photograph
>it, and personal preference.
>
>With that caveat, my favorite single focal length is around 85mm. With
>the FOV crop of the 10D, a 50mm would produce the most similar result.
>I use the 50/1.8, because in 35mm that is a little used focal length.

I really like that lens for portraits too. It's just right for the
distance I like to shoot people with flash, & wide open, really brings
the subject out of the background.

>If I was going to be using a main prime lens for the 10D, I think I'd
>spend the extra money for the 1.4 version. Not so much for the extra
>speed, as for the faster & quieter AF (USM) and better build quality.

<nods> I just got my 50mm f1.8 II back from being repaired under
warranty. It'd started reporting '00' instead of the aperture reading.
As you might expect from such a cheap build, it was due to a loose
internal connection. I've been watching out for used 50 f1.8 I's &
f1.4's, as I'm not sure that I'm willing to trust the 1.8II. (I suppose
I could buy a second f1.8II, but I'd be more comfortable with a metal
body anyway.)

JPS@no.komm

In message <(E-Mail Removed)>,
Todd Walker <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>And how does an extra 1/2 stop make it "much more useful?"

The manual focusing actually works, and you can over-ride the autofocus
manually.
--

John P Sheehy <(E-Mail Removed)>

Traveling with DSLR & prime lens [non-zoom lens] asdf3b Digital Photography 4 12-18-2007 03:27 PM
Primary (prime) lens for Canon 300D Siddhartha Jain Digital Photography 9 11-21-2005 12:44 PM
Old beast lens info (300/5.5 prime) papenfussDIESPAM@juneauDOTmeDOTvt.edu Digital Photography 5 04-12-2005 10:52 AM
Prime numbers: addative property modulo p, where p is prime Jeremy Fischer Perl Misc 0 01-16-2005 05:53 PM
Canon 10D lens Nikon Lens SteveJ Digital Photography 29 06-14-2004 12:52 AM

Advertisments