Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Printing B&W via digital.

Printing B&W via digital.

Don Stauffer

There can be several problems. First is, what kind of a printer? Does
it actually have a black ink, or is it one of the older printers that
create black by combining the three colors?

Second, and most important, we have the color matching or calibration
problem. This is more than matching hue- it also covers matching
contrast and brightness between monitor and printer.

So, do prints look flat on both monitor AND printer, or only what comes
from printer? If the later, you need to work on getting monitor and
printer 'calibrated'.

Also, if you are getting B & W from a digicam, are you selecting B & W
images from camera, or downloading color and converting to grey scale in
computer? This sometimes makes a difference.

--
Don Stauffer in Minnesota