Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > refurbished Epson 2200 printer

refurbished Epson 2200 printer

Mark C

I noticed that B&H is selling refurbished Epson 2200's......they are $100
less...than a new one.

Does anyone have any experience with a refurbished model?

thanx,
Mark

Dreamer

"Mark C" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:bgrmhc$rpdr6$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de...

> I noticed that B&H is selling refurbished Epson 2200's......they are $100
> less...than a new one.
>
> Does anyone have any experience with a refurbished model?

I bought mine from Epson directly for $549.00:

http://www.epson.com/cgi-bin/Store/c...s&oid=32991459

They're out of stock right now, but they get in batches every few days. Free
shipping, free USB cable, and unless you live in Indiana, no sales tax. Same
warranty as a new printer. You can't beat it with a stick.

When mine arrived, for some reason it wouldn't recognize black ink carts.
Epson said, "Go buy a new cart, and if that works, we'll send you another
one. If it doesn't, we'll send you a new printer." I did, it didn't, they
did. The next day I had a *new* printer - not another refurb, a *new* one.
That's all they had in the fulfillment warehouse, I guess. They
cross-shipped it - I just unpacked the new one, put the old one in the box,
and stuck the prepaid label on it. The UPS guy hadn't even gotten out of the
neighborhood yet and took it back the same day. Oh, and by the way, we've
got no use for opened ink carts, keep the ones that came with your old
printer for your trouble, and the ones that are in the new box, well, you
can have those too. $90 worth of ink for a few phone calls and five minutes
of packing and unpacking? Sold!

Now THAT is customer service.

I have bought many refurbished peripherals (including several from Epson)
and I've never regretted it.

Bob O`Bob

Dreamer wrote:

> I have bought many refurbished peripherals (including several from Epson)
> and I've never regretted it.

I concur.

My very first Epson, a Stylus Color 400, bought refurbished from
the local MicroCenter, is still working fine for my brother.

Bob