Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Speed difference between Canon G5 and Oly C5050?

Speed difference between Canon G5 and Oly C5050?

Opentoe

Is there a major speed difference between these cameras? General use, point
and shoot?

Jon Noble

"Terry" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> With the G5 the wait is about 1.5 seconds between shots even in RAW mode.
> With the C5050 you'll wait about two seconds between shots in SHQ mode.

The C-5050 has a high-speed drive mode that shoots SHQ at the rate of about
3 per second up to about 6 or 8 (I'm not looking at the spec sheet, but this
is from my experience shooting seagulls in flight off the Bainbridge Ferry
last weekend.) And you don't have to wait for the buffer to empty...as soon
as there's room for one more, another shot will fire.

-Jon

M. Souris

Actually, I just checked my C-5050.
In TIFF mode, it takes 10-12 seconds to store the picture.
In RAW mode, it takes about 5 seconds.
Must depend on the speed of the card.

On Wed, 6 Aug 2003 06:57:42 -0400, "Terry" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>With the G5 the wait is about 1.5 seconds between shots even in RAW mode.
>With the C5050 you'll wait about two seconds between shots in SHQ mode.
>Taking a photo in TIFF mode will lock up the camera for about 20 seconds. In
>RAW mode the wait is 10 seconds. See www.dcresource.com and you can find
>complete details on both cameras, the best reviews i've read.
>"Opentoe" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Is there a major speed difference between these cameras? General use,

>point
>> and shoot?

M. Souris

Check this link to see how to set up the C-5050 so it shoots
exceedingly fast.
http://www.wrotniak.net/photo/c5050/c5050-leica.html