Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Flash card more expensive than a DSLR

Flash card more expensive than a DSLR

Jorge Alvarez

http://www.dpreview.com/news/0308/03...xar4gbship.asp

Enjoy,

-Jorge

Paul Heslop

Jorge Alvarez wrote:

> http://www.dpreview.com/news/0308/03...xar4gbship.asp
>
> Enjoy,
>
> -Jorge

blurry heck!
--
Paul. (I never agreed to be Your holy one)
Not what it seems...

Ron Hunter

Jorge Alvarez wrote:

> http://www.dpreview.com/news/0308/03...xar4gbship.asp
>
> Enjoy,
>
> -Jorge

Sandisk expect to market a 4GB card in October for only $1000. The
price is sure to fall fast.

HRosita

Hi,

Not if you can afford a Canon 1Ds (> $7500 without lens).
Rosita

MarkH

"Jorge Alvarez" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in news:bgolv5$r7omb$1@ID-
116944.news.uni-berlin.de:

> http://www.dpreview.com/news/0308/03...xar4gbship.asp
>
> Enjoy,
>
> -Jorge

I think that Id rather buy 4 x 1GB CF cards and spend the difference on a
flash or put it towards a good lens.

--
Mark Heyes (New Zealand)
understand binary and those that don't"

Infocus

Exactly - Why put all your eggs in one basket. I carry a few 256 cards,
that's all.

news:bgpakf$dh7$(E-Mail Removed)...

MarkH wrote:
> "Jorge Alvarez" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in news:bgolv5$r7omb$1@ID-
> 116944.news.uni-berlin.de:
>

>>http://www.dpreview.com/news/0308/03...xar4gbship.asp
>>
>>Enjoy,
>>
>>-Jorge

> I think that Id rather buy 4 x 1GB CF cards and spend the difference on a
> flash or put it towards a good lens.

True, for now, but the price difference might not be significant by the
end of the year. Amazing what competition can do to pricing.

HRosita

>"Infocus" http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) wrote:

>Exactly - Why put all your eggs in one basket. I carry a few 256 cards,
>that's all.

Hi,
It really depends on the type of shooting you do and what camera you have.

If you shoot 5-6 MP in RAW or TIFF format, 256 MB does not give you a lot of
pictures per card and some people don't like to stop shooting just to swap
cards.
I remember how agravating it was to take film out and insert a new roll in the
middle of action shooting.

Not much has been said on this newsgroup but I imagine that for underwater
phtography digital must be heaven. With a high capacity card you can shoot
until the batteries go dead and some of the proprietary batteries last a long
time.
Rosita

Ron Hunter

HRosita wrote:
>>"Infocus" (E-Mail Removed) wrote:

>>Exactly - Why put all your eggs in one basket. I carry a few 256 cards,
>>that's all.

> Hi,
> It really depends on the type of shooting you do and what camera you have.
>
> If you shoot 5-6 MP in RAW or TIFF format, 256 MB does not give you a lot of
> pictures per card and some people don't like to stop shooting just to swap
> cards.
> I remember how agravating it was to take film out and insert a new roll in the
> middle of action shooting.
>
> Not much has been said on this newsgroup but I imagine that for underwater
> phtography digital must be heaven. With a high capacity card you can shoot
> until the batteries go dead and some of the proprietary batteries last a long
> time.
> Rosita

Now there is an application where changing batteries or cards is a real
imposition.