Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Re: Video with 3.1MP Stills

Re: Video with 3.1MP Stills

Lucas Tam

"Brien Dinsmore" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:%NMXa.374$(E-Mail Removed) .com:

> New camera out that is the best of both worlds: a digital video
> camcorder & 3.1 Mega-Pixel camera in one.
>
> Check out the DV3000 at: http://www.vtops.com

Not exactly the greatest video quality.

Good job at spamming the group tho ; )

--
Lucas Tam ((E-Mail Removed))

Phil, Squid-in-Training

> Not exactly the greatest video quality.

Spam aside, wouldn't this be a great little all-purpose camera, especially
for the rock-bottom price?? The picture quality is comparable to 2.1MP
(which is really is) and the video isn't bad.

Are there other digicam-corders out there like this one? I didn't think
they were anywhere this cheap, as I took a look at Canon's offerings and
said "holy poo"

--
Phil, Squid-in-Training

Phil, Squid-in-Training

Nevermind... I just read some reviews. Seems that people are generally
happy with it, given the price.

--
Phil, Squid-in-Training

Lucas Tam

"Phil, Squid-in-Training" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in news:Q2SXa.13541$On2.889767
@twister.tampabay.rr.com:

> Are there other digicam-corders out there like this one? I didn't think
> they were anywhere this cheap, as I took a look at Canon's offerings and
> said "holy poo"

Panasonic I believe has a mini-Camcorder+Digital Camera. It's lower
resolution and sleeker. I saw it at the airport in Toronto a couple weeks
ago.

The problem with the DV3000 is that it uses flash memory. You probably
won't be able to record more than a couple minutes of video per card.

--
Lucas Tam ((E-Mail Removed))