Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > stitching photos together

stitching photos together

Randall Ainsworth

> The PhotoStitch 3.1 I have doesn't have a four-pic limit.

I've found that things get a little weird when you go beyond 3.
Maybe it's my technique (probably not).

Marvin Margoshes

"cc" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> Is anyone aware of software which can stitch multiple photos together to
> make longer panoramic (or wraparound) panoramas? I've used Olympus

Camedia
> software to do it, but it will only work with pictures taken that way on
> their proprietary storage media and with their camera.
>
> Thanks,
> CC

I do it with Paint Shop Pro, which is my general-purpose image editor. A
couple of months ago, I connected 10(!) images into a panorama.

Ted Johnson

"cc" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:<%zEXa.66821$Ho3.9879@sccrnsc03>...
> Is anyone aware of software which can stitch multiple photos together to
> make longer panoramic (or wraparound) panoramas? I've used Olympus Camedia
> software to do it, but it will only work with pictures taken that way on
> their proprietary storage media and with their camera.
>
> Thanks,
> CC

I use Photoshop Elements 2 for that purpose. If you take the pictures
right in the first place it does an amazing job and is really simple
to use. Action pictures are, of course, out of the question and you
have to be very careful not to get anything that changes continually
in the area that stiching will occur. (I had a very hard time getting
a decent stitch up of pictures of Niagara Falls, for example...)

Best,
<TED>

Cool Hand

Search Panorama at deja.com
<http://groups.google.com/groups?as_q=Panorama&safe=images&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&lr=lang_en&num=100&as_scoring=d&hl=en>

On Tue, 05 Aug 2003 02:24:59 GMT, "cc" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

=>Is anyone aware of software which can stitch multiple photos together to
=>make longer panoramic (or wraparound) panoramas? I've used Olympus Camedia
=>software to do it, but it will only work with pictures taken that way on
=>their proprietary storage media and with their camera.
=>
=>Thanks,
=>CC
=>

---
Bill God recently starts fighting Spam because (he says) "Like almost everyone, I receive a lot of spam every day, much of it offering to help me get out of debt or get rich quick. It's ridiculous."
http://home.earthlink.net/~rachel1689/