Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Best prices for CF in UK?

Best prices for CF in UK?

John Nuttall

Can anyone recommend good sources (and good prices) for CF cards in UK plz?
I need at least 512Mb, but might stretch to 1Gb... must be CF and not
MicroDrive!
Thanks

FIGHT BACK AGAINST SPAM!
http://mail.giantcompany.com

David J Taylor

> Can anyone recommend good sources (and good prices) for CF cards in UK
plz?
> I need at least 512Mb, but might stretch to 1Gb... must be CF and not
> MicroDrive!

I was delighted with the price and service from Crucial.

David

T Strong

"John Nuttall" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:3f2ed272$0$959$(E-Mail Removed).. .
> Can anyone recommend good sources (and good prices) for CF cards in UK

plz?
> I need at least 512Mb, but might stretch to 1Gb... must be CF and not
> MicroDrive!
> Thanks

When recently shopping for similar the lowest price 512Mb CF I found was at
ebuyer

http://www.ebuyer.com/customer/produ...d19wcm9kdWN0X2
92ZXJ2aWV3&product_uid=47504

Brand "PQI", at just under 69 (including VAT) postage is about 2.

Undercuts Crucial by quite a bit at the moment. Crucial are 88 (including
VAT and delivery) for 512 Mb

Had the PQI in a 10D for about a month now, no problems with it.

Alan F Cross

In message <3f2ed272$0$959$(E-Mail Removed)>, John Nuttall
<(E-Mail Removed)> writes
>Can anyone recommend good sources (and good prices) for CF cards in UK
>plz? I need at least 512Mb, but might stretch to 1Gb... must be CF and
>not
>MicroDrive!
>Thanks

Try Photomart (www.photomart.co.uk)

But don't believe their we site - it's hopeless. Phone them up. End
users should be aware that hey are really trade suppliers.

Around 174 +VAT for a 1GB Sandisk, 205 + VAT for the 1GB Ultra.
--
Alan F Cross

Les Johnstone

You could also try ebay, I saw a 1 gig go a few days ago for 137

Les

"T Strong" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:bgmmk6$p30$(E-Mail Removed)...

> "John Nuttall" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:3f2ed272$0$959$(E-Mail Removed).. .
> > Can anyone recommend good sources (and good prices) for CF cards in UK

> plz?
> > I need at least 512Mb, but might stretch to 1Gb... must be CF and not
> > MicroDrive!
> > Thanks
> >

> When recently shopping for similar the lowest price 512Mb CF I found was

at
> ebuyer

http://www.ebuyer.com/customer/produ...d19wcm9kdWN0X2
> 92ZXJ2aWV3&product_uid=47504
>
> Brand "PQI", at just under 69 (including VAT) postage is about 2.
>
> Undercuts Crucial by quite a bit at the moment. Crucial are 88 (including
> VAT and delivery) for 512 Mb
>
> Had the PQI in a 10D for about a month now, no problems with it.

African Bios

I always use expansys.com, based in manchester. competitive prices
--
Remove nyet / block or change dot to .
to reply Thank you

Jim

That's expensive try mx2.org or 7day.com lot cheaper. jim
"Alan F Cross" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:gwfnbEXwBuL$(E-Mail Removed)...
> In message <3f2ed272$0$959$(E-Mail Removed)>, John Nuttall
> <(E-Mail Removed)> writes
> >Can anyone recommend good sources (and good prices) for CF cards in UK
> >plz? I need at least 512Mb, but might stretch to 1Gb... must be CF and
> >not
> >MicroDrive!
> >Thanks

> Try Photomart (www.photomart.co.uk)
>
> But don't believe their we site - it's hopeless. Phone them up. End
> users should be aware that hey are really trade suppliers.
>
> Around 174 +VAT for a 1GB Sandisk, 205 + VAT for the 1GB Ultra.
> --
> Alan F Cross

Alan F Cross

In message <bgq2c5$36l$(E-Mail Removed)>, Jim <(E-Mail Removed)>
writes
>That's expensive try mx2.org or 7day.com lot cheaper. jim
>"Alan F Cross" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:gwfnbEXwBuL$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> In message <3f2ed272$0$959$(E-Mail Removed)>, John Nuttall
>> <(E-Mail Removed)> writes
>> >Can anyone recommend good sources (and good prices) for CF cards in UK
>> >plz? I need at least 512Mb, but might stretch to 1Gb... must be CF and
>> >not
>> >MicroDrive!
>> >Thanks

>> Try Photomart (www.photomart.co.uk)
>>
>> But don't believe their we site - it's hopeless. Phone them up. End
>> users should be aware that hey are really trade suppliers.
>>
>> Around 174 +VAT for a 1GB Sandisk, 205 + VAT for the 1GB Ultra.
>> --
>> Alan F Cross

Well, I see mx2 want 370 for a 1GB Integral (and no stock), and
7dayshop do a totally nameless CF 1GB - not Sandisk.

Sorry, you'll have to do better than that.
--
Alan F Cross

Jeremy

"John Nuttall" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:<3f2ed272$0$959$(E-Mail Removed)> ...
> Can anyone recommend good sources (and good prices) for CF cards in UK plz?
> I need at least 512Mb, but might stretch to 1Gb... must be CF and not
> MicroDrive!
> Thanks

Try www.valuemedia.co.uk

Alan F Cross

In message <(E-Mail Removed) >, Jeremy
<(E-Mail Removed)> writes
>"John Nuttall" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:<3f2ed272$0$959$(E-Mail Removed) >...
>> Can anyone recommend good sources (and good prices) for CF cards in UK plz?
>> I need at least 512Mb, but might stretch to 1Gb... must be CF and not
>> MicroDrive!
>> Thanks

>Try www.valuemedia.co.uk

Photomart beats them on both the standard and Ultra SanDisk 1GB.

--
Alan F Cross