Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Camera technique problem - help correcting

Camera technique problem - help correcting

A bit more than

On Mon, 4 Aug 2003 14:44:05 -0700, "Eigenvector" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> I can hear some of the answers already, but its one of those unconscious
> things that I do when taking photos that I need some help correcting.
>
> So I'm out hiking, I have my Lowepro bag on my hip and I unzip it and take
> out the camera for a quick shot, I hold the camera a little unsteady since
> I'm exhausted from the hike itself and snap the photo onto my digital.
> Here's where the problem comes in, I get the pictures home and the image is
> canted at about a 4 degree angle. Its consistent too. Almost all of my
> hiking images are canted at a little bit of an angle. Is it the way I lock
> my wrist to steady my hand, is it using the viewscreen rather than the
> eyepiece, is it the footing (I'm rarely on flat terrain when taking hiking
> photos)?
>
> Any first hand experiences out there to help me correct this problem?

I had that problem.

What was causing it is that one of my legs is slightly shorter than the other.
I have had custom shoes made (one shoe has a thicker sole) and now all is well.

Another solution is to use a camera like the Fuji 602 that can overlay a grid on
the LCD screen (both in the viewfinder and rear LCD) meaning it is simple to
line up a known vertical or horizontal surface with a line on the display.

JPS@no.komm

In message <(E-Mail Removed)>,
Mxsmanic <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Charlie D writes:
>
>> You can merely choose "rotate canvas" / "arbitrary," and it doesn't clip.

>But you still have to crop afterwards.

Only if you want to be conventional.
--

John P Sheehy <(E-Mail Removed)>