Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Canon i950 vs Epson 960

Canon i950 vs Epson 960

Brian Goldstein

Hi,

As I am unable to view photo prints from either of these printers locally, I
was wondering if anyone has compared these two printers and/or can make a
purchase recommendation between them?

I am mainly interested in printing sharp, nicely detailed, true color photos
on matte paper. Secondly I am interested in cost savings regarding ink and
paper. Thirdly speed of printing and quality. I can research the last two
items on my own, but not the photo quality.

Cnet prefers the Epson, Steve's digicams prefers the Canon. Anyone else
wanna weigh in?

Thanks.

--Brian

Gary Eickmeier

"Brian Goldstein @hotmail.com>" <juju_beanie<removeme> wrote in message
news:3f2eb089$(E-Mail Removed)...

> Cnet prefers the Epson, Steve's digicams prefers the Canon. Anyone else
> wanna weigh in?

I got the Canon because of the individual ink tanks, which are not "chipped"
to make life more difficult for us, and the removable/replaceable print
head. And it is a superb printer.

Gary Eickmeier