Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Create a movie from still images

Create a movie from still images

Fernando Margueirat

Hi all

Does anyone knows of a program that can create an animation (MPG, AVI, etc.)
from a sequence of still image? I've been playing with Canon's Remote
Capture and I took a sequence of 90 pictures every 1 minute of a nice sunset
that I will like to turn into a short movie.

TIA

Fernando

PTRAVEL

"Fernando Margueirat" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:UZkXa.661$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi all
>
> Does anyone knows of a program that can create an animation (MPG, AVI,

etc.)
> from a sequence of still image? I've been playing with Canon's Remote
> Capture and I took a sequence of 90 pictures every 1 minute of a nice

sunset
> that I will like to turn into a short movie.

Premiere will import sequentially-numbered stills as individual video
frames.

> TIA
>
> Fernando

Ed Ruf

On Mon, 4 Aug 2003 00:07:20 -0400, in rec.photo.digital "Fernando
Margueirat" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Does anyone knows of a program that can create an animation (MPG, AVI, etc.)
>from a sequence of still image? I've been playing with Canon's Remote
>Capture and I took a sequence of 90 pictures every 1 minute of a nice sunset
>that I will like to turn into a short movie.

JASC Animation Shop will do this quite easily.
http://members.cox.net/egruf
See images taken with my CP-990 and 5700 at
http://members.cox.net/egruf-digicam

Les Johnstone

Yeah Premiere is great for this, but expensive if you don't have it already.

Great idea though, I guess with a large memory card we could all have a go
at some animation!

news:bgkn6f$oj93s$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de...