Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Re: Any good 16 bit photo editors out there?

Re: Any good 16 bit photo editors out there?

David Dyer-Bennet

Roland Karlsson <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:

> I have PhotoShop 5.5 - it sux big time at 16 bit. Most
> of the functionality just stop working at 16 bit. Now
> I wonder - are there any photo editors for 16 bit.

Picture Window Pro from <www.dl-c.com>. It does everything it
supports in 16-bit, and has the best color-correction and the best
curves tool of any photo editor I've used.

What it doesn't have is layers or adjustment layers, so it's not very
supportive of "reversible editing"; I normally like to try to make as
few irreversible changes as I can, so I can change my mind without
reconstructing hours of work.
--
David Dyer-Bennet, <(E-Mail Removed)>, <www.dd-b.net/dd-b/>

David Chien

Yes, already out and a great one at that. Quantel QPaintbox Pro.

Info:
http://www.quantel.com/domisphere/in.../QPaintboxmain

Brochure in Adobe Acrobat format:
http://www.quantel.com/domisphere/resource.nsf/Files/Graphics_Brochure/$File/Graphics_Brochure.pdf

Full 16-bit YUV/RGB processing for everything, and it'll do anything you
want.

Roland Karlsson

David Chien <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:bgekhe$npo$(E-Mail Removed):

> Yes, already out and a great one at that. Quantel QPaintbox Pro.
>
> Info:
> http://www.quantel.com/domisphere/in.../QPaintboxmain
>
> Brochure in Adobe Acrobat format:
> http://www.quantel.com/domisphere/resource.nsf/Files/Graphics_Brochure/$F
> ile/Graphics_Brochure.pdf
>
> Full 16-bit YUV/RGB processing for everything, and it'll do anything you
> want.

I am sorry - I don't understand the web pages. Looks like
sales talk to me - "close to air graphics" - "post production
business", "NLE" and "HD". I have not the slightest idea
what they are selling - and I find no prices either - assume that
the totally incomprehensible things are expensive

Roland