Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Fuji S7000

Fuji S7000

Lucas Tam

http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) (someone) wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed):

>>It's too bad Fuji couldn't of added these features : (

> are you upgrading then Lucas? my main beef with my s602z is the lack
> of af assist lamp, which makes focusing in low-light nigh impossible.
> is it worth it to sell the s602z for the s7k or just to jump on the
> dslr bandwagon instead.

I'm keeping my S602 for now... My next upgrade will be a future model of
the Nikon 5700 (Provided it has a AF Assist Lamp, and more F-stops).
Otherwise, ya, I think I'll be jumping on the dSLR bandwagon - which means
I need to save up a massive amount of cash!

--
Lucas Tam ((E-Mail Removed))

takeapic

want to sell some images?
Go to www.takeapic.com and sell your own images in a photostock site for
hobbyphotographers...
Upload, edit and name your own files.

Regards,
Leonard
takeapic.com

"Ian Burley" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:vqIXa.10$(E-Mail Removed)...
> I thought even the S602 had an AF assist system built into the window at

the
> front of the flash housing? No TTL is a shame but of course you can get a
> hot shoe adapter for attaching secondary flash.
>
> Ian
>
> --
>
> DIGITAL PHOTOGRAPHY NOW - http://www.dp-now.com
> UK-based Web magazine for users of digital photography
> hardware, software and services.
>

> "Lucas Tam" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:Xns93CC6C5D9F40Fnntprogerscom@140.99.99.130.. .
> > "Ian Burley" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in

> > @ananke.eclipse.net.uk:
> >
> > > It has an almost one third higher resolution EVF and RAW mode.
> > >

> > But, still no AF assist lamp. Not TTL Flash support. No PC Sync socket
> > either.
> >
> > It's too bad Fuji couldn't of added these features : (
> >

> > --
> > Lucas Tam ((E-Mail Removed))
> > Please delete "REMOVE" from the e-mail address when replying.
> > http://members.ebay.com/aboutme/coolspot18/

RDKirk

In article <Xns93CE4ACE6AAB0nntprogerscom@140.99.99.130>,
(E-Mail Removed) says...

> "Ian Burley" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
> news:vqIXa.10$(E-Mail Removed):
>
> > I thought even the S602 had an AF assist system built into the window
> > at the front of the flash housing? No TTL is a shame but of course you
> > can get a hot shoe adapter for attaching secondary flash.

> I think it's an IR range finder system, but it doesn't seem to work in low
> light : (

No, it's not IR. It speeds focusing in the normal light range. You can
put your finger in front of it and let the TTL focusing operate on its
own and see the difference.

--
RDKirk

"Men occasionally stumble on the truth, but most of them pick themselves
up
and hurry off as if nothing had happened." - Winston Churchill

RDKirk

In article <Xns93CC6C5D9F40Fnntprogerscom@140.99.99.130>,
(E-Mail Removed) says...
> "Ian Burley" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in news:1059762726.611871
> @ananke.eclipse.net.uk:
>
> > It has an almost one third higher resolution EVF and RAW mode.
> >

> But, still no AF assist lamp. Not TTL Flash support. No PC Sync socket
> either.
>
> It's too bad Fuji couldn't of added these features : (

I haven't seen a good enough photo to confirm the lack of a PC socket.
The S602z Pro has one...I'd hate to think they went backward.

But otherwise, I agree with you. My examination of the results of other
prosumer 6mp cameras suggests that it doesn't warrant an upgrade from an
S602z.

In fact, I don't see any prosumer doing that any time soon. I'm saving
for a dlsr, but I'm waitiing for a full framer to get affordable.

--
RDKirk

"Men occasionally stumble on the truth, but most of them pick themselves
up
and hurry off as if nothing had happened." - Winston Churchill

Fuji S5500 v Fuji S7000 Paul D Digital Photography 6 07-05-2005 01:29 AM
Fuji Finepix S602, S5000, S7000 Willie C Digital Photography 4 12-04-2003 11:45 PM
Fuji S7000 Paul Digital Photography 4 10-08-2003 08:26 AM
Fuji Finepix S7000 Opentoe Digital Photography 1 08-20-2003 05:26 AM
Fuji Finepix S7000? Opentoe Digital Photography 2 08-10-2003 02:13 PM

Advertisments