Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Fuji S7000

Fuji S7000

MBlaster

With the announcement of the 6MP prosumer camera from Fuji, I though this
would create a wave of discussion. So far I do not see much interest. What
am I missing??? Looks good on paper although the lens seems a little slow.
What do you all think?

ZZ@fake.not

Looks like a marvelous camera to me. If it had the super CCD SR sensor
I wouldn't be able to resist it. F2.8-3.1 is fast enough for me.
Gene http://www.photoprojects.net/fujif700.html

MBlaster wrote:

> With the announcement of the 6MP prosumer camera from Fuji, I though this
> would create a wave of discussion. So far I do not see much interest. What
> am I missing??? Looks good on paper although the lens seems a little slow.
> What do you all think?

David Oddie

On Fri, 1 Aug 2003 05:37:13 -0700, "MBlaster"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>With the announcement of the 6MP prosumer camera from Fuji, I though this
>would create a wave of discussion. So far I do not see much interest. What
>am I missing??? Looks good on paper although the lens seems a little slow.
>What do you all think?

Perhaps its because its just a 602 with a 6mp sensor? That is all
Fuji have done, put a better CCD in an existing body behind the same
lens system. (E.g. like Canon put a 5mp sensor in the G3 body/lens
system to make the G5).

It's evolutionary not revolutionary. I think people are only going to
get excited if there is more to new models than just extra
mega-pixels. For example if they had put a new lens on it that went
wider than 35mm that might make a few people sit up and take note -
like me

In fact I think it loses out to the 602 in some respects as the larger
files from the higher res CCD have slowed it down on bust mode type
shooting.

Dave

--
It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a
warning to others.

Remove the uppercase N O S P A M to reply via email.

Lucas Tam

"MBlaster" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:bgdmts$rjp$(E-Mail Removed):

> With the announcement of the 6MP prosumer camera from Fuji, I though
> this would create a wave of discussion. So far I do not see much
> interest. What am I missing??? Looks good on paper although the lens
> seems a little slow. What do you all think?

Pretty much a S602 with a 6MP sensor and faster continuous drive. Even the
body looks the same.

A little boring if you ask me.

--
Lucas Tam ((E-Mail Removed))

Ian Burley

It has an almost one third higher resolution EVF and RAW mode.

dp-now.com story is at:

http://dp-now.com/archives/000182.html

Ian

--
Digital Photography Now
UK-based digital photo Web magazine

"Lucas Tam" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:Xns93CA7BA10ADE8nntprogerscom@140.99.99.130.. .
> "MBlaster" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
> news:bgdmts$rjp$(E-Mail Removed):
>
> > With the announcement of the 6MP prosumer camera from Fuji, I though
> > this would create a wave of discussion. So far I do not see much
> > interest. What am I missing??? Looks good on paper although the lens
> > seems a little slow. What do you all think?

> Pretty much a S602 with a 6MP sensor and faster continuous drive. Even

the
> body looks the same.
>
> A little boring if you ask me.
>
> --
> Lucas Tam ((E-Mail Removed))

MBlaster

Thanks to all for the replies. I sat up as I am still in the hunt mode for
a new camera. This looked like a possible candidate.

"Ian Burley" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> It has an almost one third higher resolution EVF and RAW mode.
>
> dp-now.com story is at:
>
> http://dp-now.com/archives/000182.html
>
> Ian
>
> --
> Digital Photography Now
> UK-based digital photo Web magazine
> http://www.dp-now.com
>

> "Lucas Tam" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:Xns93CA7BA10ADE8nntprogerscom@140.99.99.130.. .
> > "MBlaster" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
> > news:bgdmts$rjp$(E-Mail Removed):
> >
> > > With the announcement of the 6MP prosumer camera from Fuji, I though
> > > this would create a wave of discussion. So far I do not see much
> > > interest. What am I missing??? Looks good on paper although the lens
> > > seems a little slow. What do you all think?

> > Pretty much a S602 with a 6MP sensor and faster continuous drive. Even

> the
> > body looks the same.
> >
> > A little boring if you ask me.
> >
> > --
> > Lucas Tam ((E-Mail Removed))
> > Please delete "REMOVE" from the e-mail address when replying.
> > http://members.ebay.com/aboutme/coolspot18/

Lucas Tam

"Ian Burley" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in news:1059762726.611871
@ananke.eclipse.net.uk:

> It has an almost one third higher resolution EVF and RAW mode.

But, still no AF assist lamp. Not TTL Flash support. No PC Sync socket
either.

It's too bad Fuji couldn't of added these features : (

--
Lucas Tam ((E-Mail Removed))

Ian Burley

I thought even the S602 had an AF assist system built into the window at the
front of the flash housing? No TTL is a shame but of course you can get a
hot shoe adapter for attaching secondary flash.

Ian

--

DIGITAL PHOTOGRAPHY NOW - http://www.dp-now.com
UK-based Web magazine for users of digital photography

news:Xns93CC6C5D9F40Fnntprogerscom@140.99.99.130.. .

> @ananke.eclipse.net.uk:
>
> > It has an almost one third higher resolution EVF and RAW mode.
> >

> But, still no AF assist lamp. Not TTL Flash support. No PC Sync socket
> either.
>
> It's too bad Fuji couldn't of added these features : (
>

> --
> Lucas Tam ((E-Mail Removed))

someone

On Sun, 03 Aug 2003 14:39:11 GMT, Lucas Tam <(E-Mail Removed)> posted:

>"Ian Burley" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in news:1059762726.611871
>@ananke.eclipse.net.uk:
>
>> It has an almost one third higher resolution EVF and RAW mode.
>>

>But, still no AF assist lamp. Not TTL Flash support. No PC Sync ocket
>either.
>
>It's too bad Fuji couldn't of added these features : (

are you upgrading then Lucas? my main beef with my s602z is the lack of af
assist lamp, which makes focusing in low-light nigh impossible. is it worth
it to sell the s602z for the s7k or just to jump on the dslr bandwagon
instead.

David Oddie

On Fri, 01 Aug 2003 13:27:26 GMT, "Mike" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>Isnt it the new HR (high resolution) ccd ?

Its just a higher resolution CCD it is not the SR CCD with the
extended dynamic range.

Like I said its basically a 602 with more pixels and I think it takes
more than the addition of pixels to get people excited these days.

Dave

--
It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a
warning to others.

Remove the uppercase N O S P A M to reply via email.

Fuji S5500 v Fuji S7000 Paul D Digital Photography 6 07-05-2005 01:29 AM
Fuji Finepix S602, S5000, S7000 Willie C Digital Photography 4 12-04-2003 11:45 PM
Fuji S7000 Paul Digital Photography 4 10-08-2003 08:26 AM
Fuji Finepix S7000 Opentoe Digital Photography 1 08-20-2003 05:26 AM
Fuji Finepix S7000? Opentoe Digital Photography 2 08-10-2003 02:13 PM

Advertisments