Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Samsung Digimax V4 XP driver problems

Samsung Digimax V4 XP driver problems

Ian Davis

I have just bought a Digimax V4 and cannot get it to work with XP.

I have installed the driver from the CD-ROM but XP reports the camera
as a problem device in system info and displays a yellow exclamation
against the device in device manager. A removeable drive does not
appear in MyComputer.

I have read the caution note about XP on Samsungs international web
site but I cannot reinstall the driver as there is no .inf file in the
driver folder.

I have also downloaded and run the latest driver 9847.zip (again from
the Samsung site) but this makes no difference (I think its the same
as on the CD-ROM). There is no .inf file in this zip either so the
driver reinstall in XP is still not possile.

Has anyone experienced similar problems?

Would v much appreciate any suggestions, advice etc

Ian