Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Nikon D100 Battery Consumption Report

Nikon D100 Battery Consumption Report

Kenwood

After having both batteries charged only 2x I put them both in the MB100 and
shot this past month until they ran down to where the camera stopped
shooting.

I used the following lenses with the majority of the exposures with the
300mm F4 lens.

50/1.8
35-70
24-85 G/ED
300 F4 /ED
70-300 /ED

I used the internal flash an estimated 300 exposures. I left the camera on
all day/night several days.
I hardly ever used manual focus.

Total images 1686 on 2 batteries.
The batteries are batteries. The low energy consumption of the D100 is what
shines.

Chris Hoopes

I've had my D-100 for just over two months and have taken 4000+ images
in that time. With two batteries and the battery grip add-on, I would say I
am getting about the same amount of pictures per battery as you - at least
500 per charge per battery. For taking large numbers of photographs, the
D-100 battery is awesome.

"Kenwood" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:X7lWa.10894$(E-Mail Removed) et...
> After having both batteries charged only 2x I put them both in the MB100

and
> shot this past month until they ran down to where the camera stopped
> shooting.
>
> I used the following lenses with the majority of the exposures with the
> 300mm F4 lens.
>
> 50/1.8
> 35-70
> 24-85 G/ED
> 300 F4 /ED
> 70-300 /ED
>
> I used the internal flash an estimated 300 exposures. I left the camera on
> all day/night several days.
> I hardly ever used manual focus.
>
> Total images 1686 on 2 batteries.
> The batteries are batteries. The low energy consumption of the D100 is

what
> shines.

jeff liss

"Kenwood" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:<X7lWa.10894$(E-Mail Removed). net>...
> After having both batteries charged only 2x I put them both in the MB100 and
> shot this past month until they ran down to where the camera stopped
> shooting.
>
> I used the following lenses with the majority of the exposures with the
> 300mm F4 lens.
>
> 50/1.8
> 35-70
> 24-85 G/ED
> 300 F4 /ED
> 70-300 /ED
>
> I used the internal flash an estimated 300 exposures. I left the camera on
> all day/night several days.
> I hardly ever used manual focus.
>
> Total images 1686 on 2 batteries.
> The batteries are batteries. The low energy consumption of the D100 is what
> shines.

My first digicam, an Olympus D-40 Zoom, ate batteries like a shark in
a feeding frenzy. My bag was weighed down with all the extra AA's I
had to carry. The D100, OTOH, is a welcomed relief. I just shoot and
shoot and shoot and the battery stays charged, ready to go. What a
difference....what a pleasure.