Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > VHDL > easy one

easy one

crazyrdx

How can I assign a signed vector of length 9 to a signed vector of
length 12. ?

Mike Treseler

crazyrdx wrote:
> How can I assign a signed vector of length 9 to a signed vector of
> length 12. ?

numeric_std.resize

http://groups.google.com/groups?q=vhdl+resize+foo_se

-- Mike Treseler

Andy Peters

crazyrdx wrote:
> How can I assign a signed vector of length 9 to a signed vector of
> length 12. ?

Well, do you want the LSB of the 9-bit vector to be the LSB of the
12-bit vector?

-a

Duane Clark

crazyrdx wrote:
> How can I assign a signed vector of length 9 to a signed vector of
> length 12. ?

v12 <= v9(&v9(&v9(&v9;
Or is that not what you were looking for?

crazyrdx

Thanks , got what I was looking for.