Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Photo Program

Photo Program

JohnV

I just bought a digital camera and am looking for a simple program that I
can use to touch up my images before printing them. I have Paint Shop Pro
but that's just too much for me. Any opinions on a simpler editing program.
Thanks
John

Steve

JohnV wrote:
> I just bought a digital camera and am looking for a simple program
> that I can use to touch up my images before printing them. I have
> Paint Shop Pro but that's just too much for me. Any opinions on a
> simpler editing program. Thanks
> John

John:

I too use PSP, but before that, I used IrfanView for several years.

http://www.irfanview.com/

I still use IrfanView at home and at work.

Steve

Joseph Meehan

Best on for ease of use is Microsoft Picture it.

--
Joseph E. Meehan

26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math

"JohnV" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:z2ZVa.14605$(E-Mail Removed) y.com...
> I just bought a digital camera and am looking for a simple program that I
> can use to touch up my images before printing them. I have Paint Shop Pro
> but that's just too much for me. Any opinions on a simpler editing

program.
> Thanks
> John

Steve King

"JohnV" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>I just bought a digital camera and am looking for a simple program that I
>can use to touch up my images before printing them. I have Paint Shop Pro
>but that's just too much for me. Any opinions on a simpler editing program.
>Thanks
>John

Try the Digital Photo Librarian Image Editor from
http://www.oneilsoftware.com. The editor module itself is free, or you
can buy the whole photo image library package. I've tried a dozen or so
automatic photo image correction programs, and it does the best job of any
I've played with.

Steve . . .

Don Stauffer

It can be nice to have a program that grows with you as your needs
mature. You CAN do simple things with PSP, it is just that all the
options can intimidate.

Consider tackling it this way. First of all, PSP is both a photo editor
and a paint program. Take the photo editor part first, forget about
brushes, fills, effects, etc. that are really painting tools.

Now, there are two types of photo editing, global editing and local
editing (pixel oriented stuff). Start with global editing, adjusting
contrast, brightness, and overall color correction. When you master
those features, it is time to go for some local editing, like redeye
correction or ridding image of powerlines, etc. Selection is important
here - it is time to look at various selection modes PSP has. Also,
learn to use clone tool at this time (it is the best tool for getting
rid of cracks, powerlines, telephone poles growing out of people's
heads, etc.).

Finally, you can move to advanced editing tools such as curves,
histograms, etc.

Even if you never get into combining photo and paint tools, PSP still
has a lot to offer just in its photo editing tools.

--
Don Stauffer in Minnesota