Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > VHDL > generate statement

generate statement

crazyrdx

In the generate statement, in the If- generation scheme,

generate-label : if (expression) generate

If I want to test more than one expression , how can I do this?

Thanks

Hubble

Why don't you use

if (expression1) and (expression2) and (expression3) generate

You can also use

if (expression1) and (not (expression2)) or (expression3) generate

Hubble

vizziee@gmail.com

> generate-label : if (expression) generate
>
> If I want to test more than one expression , how can I do this?

You can use AND or OR etc to combine expressions but the expression
should be a function of your index. Also you should write all the cases
exhaustively.

Andy Peters

crazyrdx wrote:
> In the generate statement, in the If- generation scheme,
>
> generate-label : if (expression) generate
>
> If I want to test more than one expression , how can I do this?

Peter Ashenden's VHDL book has an excellent section on generates. You
might consider buying that book and reading it ...

-a