Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > VHDL > use clause

use clause

crazyrdx

I would like to know why is it that in some of the VHDL code I have
seen, the USE clauses are defined at various points in the program,
instead of all at the beginning. In fact, there is even seeming to be a
repetition of some of the use clauses within one program(like before
entity declaration and then again before architecture definition). Why
is this?

Thanks

charles.elias@wpafb.af.mil

You need a use clause for each package and for each entity/architecture
pair (placed before the entity). I am not a VHDL guru, but I'm sure it
has to do with the scope of a use statement.