Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Canon G3 flash question

Canon G3 flash question

Peter Kennedy

Hi,

I've just purchased a G3 and would like to know whether my old Metz
Megablitz flash will work on it or whether I need a special flash suitable
for digital cameras. Any help would be appreciated..

Thanks

Peter

Andy

"Peter Kennedy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:bg7r21$f2q$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi,
>
> I've just purchased a G3 and would like to know whether my old Metz
> Megablitz flash will work on it or whether I need a special flash suitable
> for digital cameras. Any help would be appreciated..
>
> Thanks
>
> Peter

I think your Metz will work only on manual settings, but if you want to get
every thing from flash unfortunately you will need Canon's dedicated flash
for digital cameras , even Canon's "regular" film based flash will work
only on manual .

Andreas FRANK

On Wed, 30 Jul 2003 13:15:26 GMT, "Andy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>"Peter Kennedy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:bg7r21$f2q$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Hi,
>>
>> I've just purchased a G3 and would like to know whether my old Metz
>> Megablitz flash will work on it or whether I need a special flash suitable
>> for digital cameras. Any help would be appreciated..
>>

>I think your Metz will work only on manual settings, but if you want to get
>every thing from flash unfortunately you will need Canon's dedicated flash
>for digital cameras , even Canon's "regular" film based flash will work
>only on manual .

Hi Peter,

In many regards the Metz flashes are even better than the Canon ones, but it depends on your model
which functions you can use. E.g. the Metz 54MZ-3 is capable of all modes: Manual, TLL, E-TTL, Auto,
but you need the right adapter. It's best you check the compatibility of your flash out on the metz
page:
http://www.metz.de/1_metz_2000/m_pag...name=mecablitz

Regards,
Andreas