Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > VHDL > Strange FPGA problem

Strange FPGA problem

stud_lang_jap@yahoo.com

Hello Guys,

I am working on some verfication of the SoC IP. To verify these IP we
are implementing it on FPGA.
I am facing an strange problem.

One of the IP which i have implemented as Master and slave AHB
interface. Since the AMBA interface
i am having is a multiplexed bus i need to multiplex the master and
slave interface signal. So to do that
i am using grant signal of AHB to multiplex common signal (of master
and slave). But the problem is in
slave mode (grant signal is zero), external HBURST[2:0]=000 (seen
through logic analyzer), i have tapped
the internal HBURST to test point, i observed that the tapped internal
signal value is different from the external HBURST.

Internally i am connecting the HBURST to slave HBURST port and to
multiplex HBURST i am using the below assign for master mode

assign SGNTi = HGRANT[2];

always @(posedge iHCLKBUF or negedge nSYSRST)
begin : p_MasterEnable
if (nSYSRST == 1'b0)
AHBMasterEnable <= 1'b0;
else
if (HREADY == 1'b1)
AHBMasterEnable <= SGNTi;
end
assign HBURST = (AHBMasterEnable == 1'b1) ? iHBURSTOut : 3'bzzz;

iHburstOut is signal which is driven by the Master interface of the IP.

I am not able to understand how does the HBURST signal tapped (test
point) changed to something other then the external HBURST (HGRANT=0)?

One more doubt:
Is there any problem in assign the incoming HBURST directly to test
point?

waiting for ur reply,
Thanks and regards
williams

Alex

Hi, first I would like to suggest to get rid of this construction
"always @(posedge iHCLKBUF or negedge nSYSRST)"
as it is not really a synthesised construction, so your multiplexer will
never operate properly,
you can see it in PP&R simulations.

Second, your code is not really a multiplexer, but a FF.
So I would recommend to think more on architecture.
Hope it will help.
Regards,
Alex

--
Alex

Re: FPGA BOARD FOR NEWBIE TO FPGA Oliver Mattos VHDL 0 02-02-2011 10:33 PM
FPGA BOARD FOR NEWBIE TO FPGA TheRightInfo VHDL 1 02-02-2011 11:19 AM
FPGA Central eNewsletter - LinkedIn, Write Articles, Post FREE Jobs,FPGA for Mobiles Vikram VHDL 0 07-24-2008 07:37 PM
Strange FPGA problem williams VHDL 4 04-20-2005 05:54 AM
RAM problem on FPGA Philipp Grabher VHDL 1 01-11-2005 03:42 PM

Advertisments