Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Damaged Fuji 2800 zoom

Damaged Fuji 2800 zoom

Mike

Silly me,

I plugged a USB cable that looked like the one for the camera which was for
my webcam into the camera, and now the computer won't recognise the camera
anymore. The camera recognises that the USB is plugged in by displaying USB
on the screen, however the computer and all the other computers I plug it in
fail to recognise it now.

Anyone know whether this is repairable?

Regards
David

Stephen Leslie

Hi Mike,

If its purely for down loading images, best option is to buy a card reader
(1 as they take their power from the pc and do not waste battery power.
Lets someone use the camera with other memory cards as well.

All you do is remove the card from the camera and place in reader and the
card appears as another drive on pc, such as drive E. Just copy or drag the
photos to 'My Pictures' on your computer.

Other option is to re-install your fuji software that came with the camera,
though you may have damaged some pins and no longer getting secure
connection.

Cheers,
Stephen
Edinburgh