Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Firewire card reader

Firewire card reader

J Kountz

Can anyone recommend a good firewire compact flash card reader? I'm using
USB now and its so slow its silly. I have a firewire port and use it often
for my video transfer so I was hoping there was a good firewire card reader
out there that maybe someone has some experience with.

Thanks!

Jim

Stuart Middleton-White

"J Kountz" <jkountz@(remove this)citlink.net> wrote:

> Can anyone recommend a good firewire compact flash card reader?

Read this.
http://www.robgalbraith.com/bins/mul...id=7-6191-6217

---
Don't feed the trolls--it only makes them grow!

Dave

I just saw this comparison test the other day...should work for you:
http://www.robgalbraith.com/bins/mul...id=7-6191-6217

dave

> From: "J Kountz" <jkountz@(remove this)citlink.net>
> Newsgroups: rec.photo.digital
> Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2003 16:24:12 GMT
> Subject: Firewire card reader
>
> Can anyone recommend a good firewire compact flash card reader? I'm using
> USB now and its so slow its silly. I have a firewire port and use it often
> for my video transfer so I was hoping there was a good firewire card reader
> out there that maybe someone has some experience with.
>
> Thanks!
>
> Jim

J Kountz

Wow great report! Thanks so much.

Jim

"Stuart Middleton-White" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> "J Kountz" <jkountz@(remove this)citlink.net> wrote:
>
> > Can anyone recommend a good firewire compact flash card reader?

> Read this.
> http://www.robgalbraith.com/bins/mul...id=7-6191-6217
>
> ---
> Don't feed the trolls--it only makes them grow!

Randall Ainsworth

> Can anyone recommend a good firewire compact flash card reader? I'm using
> USB now and its so slow its silly. I have a firewire port and use it often
> for my video transfer so I was hoping there was a good firewire card reader
> out there that maybe someone has some experience with.

I have the Sandisk and it works great. Had to transfer 30 or so
shots the other day directly from the camera via USB and it was
painstakingly slow.