Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Great CF prices at Dell

Great CF prices at Dell

Don Coon

"Jason O'Rourke" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:bg3s8s$2c3g$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Paul Larson <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> >$38.50(2 for $77) is less than $46.97 after the rebate. My preference

would
> >be the Kingston 256mb memory card Dell offers for 438.96 after rebate.

> But given how flaky Dell/partner are with rebates, better to buy based
> on the upfront costs.
>
> --
> Jason O'Rourke www.jor.com

Viking has a pretty poor reputation when it comes to rebates. I'd personally
pay a few bucks more to avoid dealing with them after the fiasco I went
through trying to get a rebate last year.

Abrasha

Jeff Dunn wrote:

> http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) (Cy8212) wrote in message news:<(E-Mail Removed)>...
> > Just had two, 256 meg SanDisk cards delivered for $77, from Dell. Isnt life
> > great?

> Walmart has better prices and the cards perform better than SanDisk
>
> http://www.walmart.com/catalog/produ...A63985%3A63986

I don't think so. I think he meant to say TWO 256 mB disk for $77.- That 512
mB for $77.-

That's $38.50 a piece. The best Walmart price on what seems to be a no name
brand card is $59.64

And Sandisk performs just fine.

What I want to know, is how I can get a 256 Mb Sandisk CF card from Dell,
because I was not able to find that deal on their site.
--
Abrasha
http://www.abrasha.com

John Russell

On Mon, 28 Jul 2003 21:10:42 GMT, "Don Coon"
<coondw_nospam@hotmail_dot_.com> wrote:
>"Jason O'Rourke" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:bg3s8s$2c3g$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Paul Larson <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> >$38.50(2 for $77) is less than $46.97 after the rebate. My preference

>would
>> >be the Kingston 256mb memory card Dell offers for 438.96 after rebate.

>> But given how flaky Dell/partner are with rebates, better to buy based
>> on the upfront costs.
>>

>Viking has a pretty poor reputation when it comes to rebates. I'd personally
>pay a few bucks more to avoid dealing with them after the fiasco I went
>through trying to get a rebate last year.

I sent my rebate form in 1 day after the cutoff but still got the $50
check. I tried to give the impression by being so scrupulous with
filling out the form, that I'd hang tough if they denied it.

John
--
Photo gallery: http://www.pbase.com/john_russell/

Maywood

Did you have a special coupon code or something? The best they seem to have
is 10% off and free shipping.

"Cy8212" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I am the op and yes, SanDisk works fine for me. My time is not so valuable

that
> a few extra seconds of read/write time is gonna ruin my day. Also that 77
> dollars for 512 megs is bottom line....no shipping, no tax, and no silly
> rebates to mail and wait.

Sloopy

In article <Xns93C68A4382B91whistlertwcnyrrcom@24.24.2.165> ,
Paul Larson <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> (E-Mail Removed) (Jeff Dunn) wrote in
> news:(E-Mail Removed) om:
>
> > (E-Mail Removed) (Cy8212) wrote in message
> > news:<(E-Mail Removed)>...
> >> Just had two, 256 meg SanDisk cards delivered for $77, from Dell.
> >> Isnt life great?

> > Walmart has better prices and the cards perform better than SanDisk
> >

> $38.50(2 for $77) is less than $46.97 after the rebate. My preference would
> be the Kingston 256mb memory card Dell offers for 438.96 after rebate.

I don't care how good the Kingston card is, I'm not paying 438.96 for
one.

-Sloopy

Jim Morgan

>>But given how flaky Dell/partner are with rebates, better to buy based
>>on the upfront costs.
>>

> Viking has a pretty poor reputation when it comes to rebates. I'd personally
> pay a few bucks more to avoid dealing with them after the fiasco I went
> through trying to get a rebate last year.

Rebates appear to be a crapshoot at very best (possibly planned fraud at
worst). I've sent off two in the past year and in both cases they
simply "disappeared".

The moral of the story... If your outgoing mail is worth more than a few
bucks.... INSURE IT!

Jim

Todd Walker

In article <%rsVa.14313$(E-Mail Removed) m>,
(E-Mail Removed) says...
> "Sloopy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message =
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > In article <Xns93C68A4382B91whistlertwcnyrrcom@24.24.2.165> ,
> > Paul Larson <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> >=20
> > > My preference would be the Kingston 256mb memory card Dell offers =

> for 438.96 after rebate.
> >=20
> > I don't care how good the Kingston card is, I'm not paying 438.96 for =

> one.
> >=20

> That IS ridiculous! I bought a SanDisk Ultra 512 meg card from Amazon =
> for $149.99. I'm using it in a Canon G5 with excellent results.

It was a TYPO. As he corrected himself in a later post, it is $38.96.

--
________________________________
Todd Walker

Don Coon

"Sloopy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> In article <Xns93C68A4382B91whistlertwcnyrrcom@24.24.2.165> ,
> Paul Larson <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> > (E-Mail Removed) (Jeff Dunn) wrote in
> > news:(E-Mail Removed) om:
> >
> > > (E-Mail Removed) (Cy8212) wrote in message
> > > news:<(E-Mail Removed)>...
> > >
> > > Walmart has better prices and the cards perform better than SanDisk
> > >

> > $38.50(2 for $77) is less than $46.97 after the rebate. My preference

would
> > be the Kingston 256mb memory card Dell offers for 438.96 after rebate.

> I don't care how good the Kingston card is, I'm not paying 438.96 for
> one.
>
> -Sloopy

I'm sure you notice that the $ and 4 share the same key ; ) Try $38.96.

AB

"Maywood" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:<(E-Mail Removed)>...
> Did you have a special coupon code or something? The best they seem to have
> is 10% off and free shipping.
>
> "Cy8212" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > I am the op and yes, SanDisk works fine for me. My time is not so valuable

> that
> > a few extra seconds of read/write time is gonna ruin my day. Also that 77
> > dollars for 512 megs is bottom line....no shipping, no tax, and no silly
> > rebates to mail and wait.

================================================== ===========================

I have 4 256MB CF cards that all work fine - 1 Viking - 1 Simpletech
and 2 sandisk. I have used them for over a yr now. Also I did get
Viking rebate OK.
I was turned down by Simpletech and I sent the form in sameday I got
the card in the mail.

Here is a good place to check on current prices.

http://www.showtelinc.com/compact_flash.htm

Alice B

Wolfgang Benninghoven

How did you manage that, I just did a search "Compact Flash", "buy it
now" and the cheapest that came up was $37 plus ship, and most run
between $42 and $53.

Wolf-==-

> I recently purchased 256 mb CF off eBay at $29 plus $3.50 shipping "buy it
> now" which is about as cheap as I have found anywhere.

Camcorder Rental - Find Great Prices and Top Brand Names syipv5cnduziklmcnh3e@gmail.com Digital Photography 0 06-08-2008 07:17 AM
Dell.com vs dell.co.nz prices Rob NZ Computing 19 07-22-2005 07:23 AM
Dell Prices Sue Computer Support 1 07-03-2005 02:56 AM
CDRs and DVDs at great prices s freedman Digital Photography 1 08-21-2003 05:12 PM

Advertisments