Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Re: X-Drive & Other Storage Devices..

Re: X-Drive & Other Storage Devices..

mehh95

fietsbel <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:<(E-Mail Removed)>. ..
> One important thing that you must know before buying it , it does not
> support cards greater then 700MByte (since that is the limit of
> supported CDR's, 90 minute CDR's won't work, i tried it

Hi Kris

I'm thinking of buying an Apacer Disc Steno. Do you mean that I won't
be able to use my 1Gb CF card at all? Or do you mean that I will only
be able to use it if it has less than 700Mb of data on it?

mehh95

Andrew McDonald

mehh95 wrote:
> Hi Kris
>
> I'm thinking of buying an Apacer Disc Steno. Do you mean that I won't
> be able to use my 1Gb CF card at all? Or do you mean that I will only
> be able to use it if it has less than 700Mb of data on it?

I thought I read that they could span discs if necessary. Perhaps that
is the competing unit whose name I can't remember?

Theo van Riet

mehh95 <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> > One important thing that you must know before buying it , it does not
> > support cards greater then 700MByte (since that is the limit of
> > supported CDR's, 90 minute CDR's won't work, i tried it

> Hi Kris
>
> I'm thinking of buying an Apacer Disc Steno. Do you mean that I won't
> be able to use my 1Gb CF card at all? Or do you mean that I will only
> be able to use it if it has less than 700Mb of data on it?

Correct, only fill it with 700Mb of pictures and all is ok.

Theo