Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > film scanners

film scanners

Nate Apkon

I'm trying to decide on a film scanner. I will be scanning mostly 35mm
B&W film and occasionally 35mm color negs. I have both a USB 1.0 and
firewire connections to my WXP PC.

So far I've been looking at the Canon FS4000US and the Nikon Super
Coolscan 4000ED. The dynamic range of the Nikon is higher. Cost of
each is roughly the same.

Any suggestions as to which is better, or other scanners to look at,
would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Nate A.

Bowser

The Nikon has better software and features (Digital ICE cubed) than the
Canon (opinion), but don't overlook the new Minolta 5400.

"Nate Apkon" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I'm trying to decide on a film scanner. I will be scanning mostly 35mm
> B&W film and occasionally 35mm color negs. I have both a USB 1.0 and
> firewire connections to my WXP PC.
>
> So far I've been looking at the Canon FS4000US and the Nikon Super
> Coolscan 4000ED. The dynamic range of the Nikon is higher. Cost of
> each is roughly the same.
>
> Any suggestions as to which is better, or other scanners to look at,
> would be appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Nate A.

ralford

google this group for scanners. this comes up several times a week.

rma

"Nate Apkon" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I'm trying to decide on a film scanner. I will be scanning mostly 35mm
> B&W film and occasionally 35mm color negs. I have both a USB 1.0 and
> firewire connections to my WXP PC.
>
> So far I've been looking at the Canon FS4000US and the Nikon Super
> Coolscan 4000ED. The dynamic range of the Nikon is higher. Cost of
> each is roughly the same.
>
> Any suggestions as to which is better, or other scanners to look at,
> would be appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Nate A.

Mxsmanic

Nate Apkon writes:

> So far I've been looking at the Canon FS4000US and the Nikon Super
> Coolscan 4000ED. The dynamic range of the Nikon is higher. Cost of
> each is roughly the same.

I've used only Nikons, but they've all given me great results.

Bart van der Wolf

"ralford" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:b2cVa.140668$(E-Mail Removed). ..
> google this group for scanners. this comes up several times a week.

Just imagine what happens if you Google for scanners on
comp.periphs.scanners

Bart