Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Olympus "2 in 1 picture"?

Olympus "2 in 1 picture"?

Christian

Someone was telling me about some feature on Olympus cameras with "2 in 1"
picture mode. Can anyone explain to me what this does?

Also, why is it possible that certain functions on Olympus cameras (like the
"panorama" mode which I'm guessing is something like Canon's Stitch
assist/Photo stitch) only work with Olympus-branded xD cards?

Charlie D

In article <bg2119$cbo$(E-Mail Removed)>,
Christian <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Someone was telling me about some feature on Olympus cameras with "2 in 1"
> picture mode. Can anyone explain to me what this does?

It just lets you put two side by side shots in the same frame. I think
it's more convenient to do in post-processing where you can take your
time and be more exacting.

Might be ok for those who like to plug their cameras into a printer.

> Also, why is it possible that certain functions on Olympus cameras (like the
> "panorama" mode which I'm guessing is something like Canon's Stitch
> assist/Photo stitch) only work with Olympus-branded xD cards?

To make more money.

--
Charlie Dilks
Newark, DE USA

Marvin Margoshes

"Christian" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:bg2119$cbo$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Someone was telling me about some feature on Olympus cameras with "2 in 1"
> picture mode. Can anyone explain to me what this does?
>
> Also, why is it possible that certain functions on Olympus cameras (like

the
> "panorama" mode which I'm guessing is something like Canon's Stitch
> assist/Photo stitch) only work with Olympus-branded xD cards?

It doesn't. The Olympus-brand cards come with software that only works on
Olympus cameras. But the software can be added to other memory cards. Look
in the archives of this newsgroup (at google.com) for directions on how to
do this..

I prefer to make panoramas with my image-editing software, Paint Shop Pro.
It gives me control of the result.