Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Mounting photos

Mounting photos

Harold Fritsche

When I last enjoyed my photo hobby, it was 25 yrs ago and we mounted our b&w
photos with a heat-applied dry mount tissue.

I suspect that heat mounting is death to today's inkjet-printed color
photos. What are we using to mount photos to poster boards these days?

Thx, Harold

stan@temple.edu

Harold Fritsche <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> When I last enjoyed my photo hobby, it was 25 yrs ago and we mounted our b&w
> photos with a heat-applied dry mount tissue.

> I suspect that heat mounting is death to today's inkjet-printed color
> photos. What are we using to mount photos to poster boards these days?

Any decent art supply store will have some books on this subject. You can
also find out easily enough by visiting a crafts show to see what the
photographers who exhibit are doing for their mounting needs.

I am just a beginner, but I was tought to use museum quality ragboard
with mounting tabs. It works fine for me.

Joseph Meehan

There are a number of solutions. First a low heat drymount should not
damage ink based photos. You can also have your digital photo printed on
real photo paper. You can also get no-heat not so drymount paper. Spray
glue may also work well.

--
Joseph E. Meehan

26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math

"Harold Fritsche" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
newspTUa.28282$Ne.23086@fed1read03...
> When I last enjoyed my photo hobby, it was 25 yrs ago and we mounted our

b&w
> photos with a heat-applied dry mount tissue.
>
> I suspect that heat mounting is death to today's inkjet-printed color
> photos. What are we using to mount photos to poster boards these days?
>
> Thx, Harold
> (E-Mail Removed)

Alan Browne

Harold Fritsche wrote:
> When I last enjoyed my photo hobby, it was 25 yrs ago and we mounted our b&w
> photos with a heat-applied dry mount tissue.
>
> I suspect that heat mounting is death to today's inkjet-printed color
> photos. What are we using to mount photos to poster boards these days?
>
> Thx, Harold
> (E-Mail Removed)

3M have a photomount spray glue that I find easy to work with. They
have several similar spray adhesive products so make sure you get the
one that is for photos.

I also recently tired an Elmer spray product reputedly okay for phots.
Absolute disaster.

Cheers,
Alan

Don Stauffer

3M makes a spray-on contact cement very useful for mounting. I use it
all the time. Many hardware stores and craft stores carry it. It
specifically lists photo mounting on applications suggestions on label.

--
Don Stauffer in Minnesota
(E-Mail Removed)