Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Re: Sony 717 macro samples, anyone?

Re: Sony 717 macro samples, anyone?

Godfrey DiGiorgi

- Head over to <http://www.mxcat.com/> and take a look at his bee and
insect pictures.

- Here are a few of my efforts with macro work and a Sony F7x7 camera:

http://www.bayarea.net/~ramarren/photostuff/PAW2/35.htm
http://www.bayarea.net/~ramarren/photostuff/PAW3/03.htm
http://www.bayarea.net/~ramarren/photostuff/PAW3/05.htm
http://homepage.mac.com/godders/sonymacro/index.html
http://homepage.mac.com/godders/sony...ro-follies.jpg

Godfrey

In article <3BNUa.674847$(E-Mail Removed)>, Paul van
Andel <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Can anyone out here, show some macro examples of the Sony 717, I did some
> google search and found some but was not impressed, I think the camera can
> do much better than that
>
> I'm currently using a Nikon 990 and do a lot of macro, and (since it
> developped a dead pixel) looking for an upgrade.
>
> TIA
> Paul

Paul van Andel

> http://homepage.mac.com/godders/sony...ro-follies.jpg

Thanks, this link was very usefull.

Paul

Paul van Andel

> I added two more macro examples to this page for you, Paul. One with
> the unaided camera at minimum focus distance and max wide angle, the
> other with close-up lenses stacked behind a teleconverter.

Great, I think the 717 will be added to my short list of "upgrade" camera's,
I never looked at Sony before because the colors where too oversaturated to
my taste, but I'm glad to see that this is fixed with the 717

Thanks again,
Paul