Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Another use for digi camera

Another use for digi camera

borge

So my wife gets the idea that a bathroom need doing up. It has anoyed
me for some time that a couple of tiles have been stuck on edgeways on
the step into the shower area . The edge was just the dirty brown of
which tiles are made - no glazing. Therefore the tiler has applied a
lick of paint to make the edge look reasonable but it has now worn
off.

New paint is required but what colour. Photo taken and set up in
Photoshop. Eyedropper tool is used to find the colour of the tile. It
comes out in RGB as 201,203,200 so as far as I am concerned - just
grey. I buy some white enamel and a very small amount of black and it
will take no time to get a fix using drop by drop of black.

You will say that I could have guessed that but what if the colour had
been a little more difficult. Just an idea.
For your information, my stats are:
Win 2000, Pentium 4 2.4 Ghz
1 Gb memory,ADSL
80+40 GB of disc space,Oly C2100 & Optio S
Borge Pedersen
Perth, Australia
(E-Mail Removed)
remove SPAM for email

Nice use of the digicam.

Only problem is the auto-white balance will give you an inaccurate colour
reading of the tile, there might be more yellow in it than you suspect.

Perhaps you could call the tiler and ask what he used to touch up the tiles,
that would give you an opportunity to complain, in a polite manner of
course.

--
Tony

Remove the .fish after .com to reply
--= This is a fish anti-spam device =--

`..`...><((((>
"borge" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> So my wife gets the idea that a bathroom need doing up. It has anoyed
> me for some time that a couple of tiles have been stuck on edgeways on
> the step into the shower area . The edge was just the dirty brown of
> which tiles are made - no glazing. Therefore the tiler has applied a
> lick of paint to make the edge look reasonable but it has now worn
> off.
>
> New paint is required but what colour. Photo taken and set up in
> Photoshop. Eyedropper tool is used to find the colour of the tile. It
> comes out in RGB as 201,203,200 so as far as I am concerned - just
> grey. I buy some white enamel and a very small amount of black and it
> will take no time to get a fix using drop by drop of black.
>
> You will say that I could have guessed that but what if the colour had
> been a little more difficult. Just an idea.
> For your information, my stats are:
> Win 2000, Pentium 4 2.4 Ghz
> 1 Gb memory,ADSL
> 80+40 GB of disc space,Oly C2100 & Optio S
> Borge Pedersen
> Perth, Australia
> (E-Mail Removed)
> remove SPAM for email

Joseph Meehan

Here is the solution the tiller should have used.

http://www.nmbuilder.com/greenbathtile.html

--
Joseph E. Meehan

26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math

"borge" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> So my wife gets the idea that a bathroom need doing up. It has anoyed
> me for some time that a couple of tiles have been stuck on edgeways on
> the step into the shower area . The edge was just the dirty brown of
> which tiles are made - no glazing. Therefore the tiler has applied a
> lick of paint to make the edge look reasonable but it has now worn
> off.
>
> New paint is required but what colour. Photo taken and set up in
> Photoshop. Eyedropper tool is used to find the colour of the tile. It
> comes out in RGB as 201,203,200 so as far as I am concerned - just
> grey. I buy some white enamel and a very small amount of black and it
> will take no time to get a fix using drop by drop of black.
>
> You will say that I could have guessed that but what if the colour had
> been a little more difficult. Just an idea.
> For your information, my stats are:
> Win 2000, Pentium 4 2.4 Ghz
> 1 Gb memory,ADSL
> 80+40 GB of disc space,Oly C2100 & Optio S
> Borge Pedersen
> Perth, Australia
> (E-Mail Removed)
> remove SPAM for email

Rachael the Wiccan Rat

"Joseph Meehan" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:tNsUa.6776$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Here is the solution the tiller should have used.
>
> http://www.nmbuilder.com/greenbathtile.html

Is that your own bathroom ? Love the green vanity unit and the floor but the
wall tiles are abit much for my taste.

I've just painted the miles of tiles in my bathroom (with ceramic tile paint
of course) - the bath suite is brown (ig ! - but the bath is so huge that to
replace it would cost me way more than I can afford, it's a real luxury tub
and I love it too much to get a smaller cheaper one) and so were the tiles
(ugggh !!!) - so I just painted them white. Perhaps I should have taken some
shots first then photoshopped the tiles in different colours to see what
looked best. Though I suspect it would have still turned out that white was
the way to go.

Anyhoo, - on uses for digital cameras -- on friday I went to my gp and found
that the practice has gone digital when it comes to taking pictures of
trauma injuries and visible complaints and so on. I stood completely still
for five minutes whilst my gp took macro shots of the surgery scar on my
belly button with a little oly 3x zoom (can't remember which one it was.)
Also, when my female dog was spayed and I got alittle worried about the
stitches coming loose, I took a snap of the incision scar and emailed it to
my vet, who replied it was a-ok. Saved me and the vet the time and money of
taking her in to see him.

The digtial camera is useful for all sorts of things it seems.

Rachael

Lucas Tam

borge <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed):

> New paint is required but what colour. Photo taken and set up in
> Photoshop. Eyedropper tool is used to find the colour of the tile. It
> comes out in RGB as 201,203,200 so as far as I am concerned - just
> grey. I buy some white enamel and a very small amount of black and it
> will take no time to get a fix using drop by drop of black.

You should only use this method if you white balance your camera correctly!

--
Lucas Tam ((E-Mail Removed))

borge

On Sun, 27 Jul 2003 14:14:08 GMT, Lucas Tam <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>borge <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
>news:(E-Mail Removed) :
>
>> New paint is required but what colour. Photo taken and set up in
>> Photoshop. Eyedropper tool is used to find the colour of the tile. It
>> comes out in RGB as 201,203,200 so as far as I am concerned - just
>> grey. I buy some white enamel and a very small amount of black and it
>> will take no time to get a fix using drop by drop of black.

>You should only use this method if you white balance your camera correctly!

I was aware of that and it was done.

Plumbing and stuff like that is a pain. We have some gruesone drinking
water here in Perth - probably it is no worse than London's but we
have a reverse osmosis unit to take the worst of the junk )frogs legs
and the like) out of the water. May stop us from getting all the
kidney and gall stones that people get operations for.

Then I use one of my digitals for taking a photo of the item I need
before going to the shop to try and explain - really is true that a
picture is worth a thousand words. Incidentally I usually take the OLY
as the LCD screen is better on that.