Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Re: Case for Pentax Optio S

Reply
Thread Tools

Re: Case for Pentax Optio S

 
 
borge
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-25-2003
On 25 Jul 2003 03:54:08 GMT, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) (Fred McKenzie) wrote:

>Today I called the Pentax 800 number to see if I could purchase a case for the
>Optio S camera. I was told that the O-CC8 case mentioned in the owner's manual
>has never been imported into the USA, but may be available in other countries.
>
>In the US, there is another case that fits. It is the PTX-L40. It wasn't
>available for order through the 800 number, but may be found at some of the
>stores that carry the Optio S. Ritz, Wolf and Walmart were mentioned, as well
>as some photo stores such as Berger Brothers, Adorama and B&H.
>
>Apparently the PTX-L40 is a smaller version of the PTX-L50 found at the Ritz
>store where I purchased my Optio S.
>
>Fred


Just line an |Altoid tin with felt - it is a perfect fit and will take
a lot of knocking about.

Borge
For your information, my stats are:
Win 2000, Pentium 4 2.4 Ghz
1 Gb memory,ADSL
80+40 GB of disc space,Oly C2100 & Optio S
Borge Pedersen
Perth, Australia
(E-Mail Removed)
remove SPAM for email
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
William M. Miller
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-25-2003
"borge" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Just line an |Altoid tin with felt - it is a perfect fit and will take
> a lot of knocking about.


Do Altoids tins come in different sizes? If yours is like
mine, I don't see how you could line it with felt and still
be able to close the lid -- it's quite snug with just the
camera inside.

-- William M. Miller


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
borge
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-26-2003
On Fri, 25 Jul 2003 09:38:39 -0400, "William M. Miller"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>"borge" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed).. .
>> Just line an |Altoid tin with felt - it is a perfect fit and will take
>> a lot of knocking about.

>
>Do Altoids tins come in different sizes? If yours is like
>mine, I don't see how you could line it with felt and still
>be able to close the lid -- it's quite snug with just the
>camera inside.
>
>-- William M. Miller
>

Sorry mate, I made a mistake. It is not felt but a fairly thin cloth
that has a feel of velour about it - like soft and velvety and for the
life of me neither my wife nor I can think of the name. I bought it
for some photos I had to take where I needed a background of black
with total lack of shine in it.

Sorry I cannot do better but then we are getting on in years. Mine is
exactly like yours - it was sent to me from the USA.

I am sure that if I had enough of it and my wife could trust me as a
tailor, she would love a skirt made of that. Do I give you a clue?
For your information, my stats are:
Win 2000, Pentium 4 2.4 Ghz
1 Gb memory,ADSL
80+40 GB of disc space,Oly C2100 & Optio S
Borge Pedersen
Perth, Australia
(E-Mail Removed)
remove SPAM for email
 
Reply With Quote
 
borge
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-26-2003
On Fri, 25 Jul 2003 11:27:43 GMT, borge <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>On 25 Jul 2003 03:54:08 GMT, (E-Mail Removed) (Fred McKenzie) wrote:
>
>>Today I called the Pentax 800 number to see if I could purchase a case for the
>>Optio S camera. I was told that the O-CC8 case mentioned in the owner's manual
>>has never been imported into the USA, but may be available in other countries.
>>
>>In the US, there is another case that fits. It is the PTX-L40. It wasn't
>>available for order through the 800 number, but may be found at some of the
>>stores that carry the Optio S. Ritz, Wolf and Walmart were mentioned, as well
>>as some photo stores such as Berger Brothers, Adorama and B&H.
>>
>>Apparently the PTX-L40 is a smaller version of the PTX-L50 found at the Ritz
>>store where I purchased my Optio S.
>>
>>Fred

>
>Just line an |Altoid tin with felt - it is a perfect fit and will take
>a lot of knocking about.
>
>Borge
>For your information, my stats are:
>Win 2000, Pentium 4 2.4 Ghz
>1 Gb memory,ADSL
>80+40 GB of disc space,Oly C2100 & Optio S
>Borge Pedersen
>Perth, Australia
>(E-Mail Removed)
>remove SPAM for email


I am sorry. I have had it verified. I have lined the Altoid tin with
velvet. Granted the case does not close perfectly but in a shirt
pocket it must stay closed.

I cut a hole in the side to take a rubber grummet and took out a 'V'
shaped cut to take the string of the lanyard.
For your information, my stats are:
Win 2000, Pentium 4 2.4 Ghz
1 Gb memory,ADSL
80+40 GB of disc space,Oly C2100 & Optio S
Borge Pedersen
Perth, Australia
(E-Mail Removed)
remove SPAM for email
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Pentax Optio 33L v Optio 33LF John Latter Digital Photography 0 06-07-2004 05:48 AM
3D modes for Pentax Optio S William M. Miller Digital Photography 1 07-26-2003 07:55 PM
Re: Compression vs. Resolution (Pentax Optio S) Marvin Margoshes Digital Photography 2 07-21-2003 06:13 PM
Re: Pentax Optio: Sharpness Form@C Digital Photography 3 07-17-2003 08:03 AM
Case for Pentax Optio S? MS Digital Photography 8 07-16-2003 11:39 AM



Advertisments