Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Re: Salute to Nikon Service (Canada)

Re: Salute to Nikon Service (Canada)

Dave Newton

> I was experiencing auto focus problems when using my 28-105mm lens
> on my D100.
>snip<
> I went back to the retailer (Henry's) and was told that low light causes
> AF problems, and to just switch to manual mode.
>snip<
> They did suggest I call Nikon's tech support. Bless the individual I
> spoke to, who said I should not be experiencing the symptoms that I
> described. As directed I took it back to service, fortunately a local
> drop-off.
>snip<
> I took the camera out this evening at dusk to test.
> Very, very snappy focusing. I am delighted.

Excellent Stephen, good result. I've not had cause to use Nikon service yet
but I only ever hear good things about them. My 5700 purchased in January is
so far behaving itself perfectly (touch wood!)

--
Dave Newton

Lake District Walk&Photo web site
http://www.daves-lakeland-mountains.co.uk

Frederick St Andrews

Took my D1x to Nikon Canada to have the firmware upgraded before Christmas
when visiting Toronto from South Africa.( purchased camera in Canada) ,
there was no charge and was done that morning, and at the same time they
noticed the focus on my well used 80-400 VR lens was rough. This was
repaired as well with a new focus mechanism. They also sold me the Nikon
Capture 3.5 upgrade for $100 Cdn (good deal)

Impressed with Nikon Canada. They are very good. My contact here in South
Africa with Nikon South Africa has been impressive as well. When I needed a
replacement for batteries for my Nikon digital cameras, they made extra
effort to accommodate my needs.

Frederick
Cape Town

"Dave Newton" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:bfqua7$i4npd$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de...
> > I was experiencing auto focus problems when using my 28-105mm lens
> > on my D100.
> >snip<
> > I went back to the retailer (Henry's) and was told that low light causes
> > AF problems, and to just switch to manual mode.
> >snip<
> > They did suggest I call Nikon's tech support. Bless the individual I
> > spoke to, who said I should not be experiencing the symptoms that I
> > described. As directed I took it back to service, fortunately a local
> > drop-off.
> >snip<
> > I took the camera out this evening at dusk to test.
> > Very, very snappy focusing. I am delighted.

> Excellent Stephen, good result. I've not had cause to use Nikon service

yet
> but I only ever hear good things about them. My 5700 purchased in January

is
> so far behaving itself perfectly (touch wood!)
>
> --
> Dave Newton
>
> Lake District Walk&Photo web site
> http://www.daves-lakeland-mountains.co.uk

Percy Fonowski

I purchased a 5700 just before Christmas, and it became defective (Lens error) in June. I
took it into Nikon Canada and they promptly repaired it under warranty. Excellent service. It
came back looking like new (no dust, lens and body cleaned).

Percy.
In article <bfrl42$qqb$(E-Mail Removed)>, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) says...
> Took my D1x to Nikon Canada to have the firmware upgraded before Christmas
> when visiting Toronto from South Africa.( purchased camera in Canada) ,
> there was no charge and was done that morning, and at the same time they
> noticed the focus on my well used 80-400 VR lens was rough. This was
> repaired as well with a new focus mechanism. They also sold me the Nikon
> Capture 3.5 upgrade for $100 Cdn (good deal)
>
> Impressed with Nikon Canada. They are very good. My contact here in South
> Africa with Nikon South Africa has been impressive as well. When I needed a
> replacement for batteries for my Nikon digital cameras, they made extra
> effort to accommodate my needs.
>
> Frederick
> Cape Town
>
> "Dave Newton" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:bfqua7$i4npd$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de...
> > > I was experiencing auto focus problems when using my 28-105mm lens
> > > on my D100.
> > >snip<
> > > I went back to the retailer (Henry's) and was told that low light causes
> > > AF problems, and to just switch to manual mode.
> > >snip<
> > > They did suggest I call Nikon's tech support. Bless the individual I
> > > spoke to, who said I should not be experiencing the symptoms that I
> > > described. As directed I took it back to service, fortunately a local
> > > drop-off.
> > >snip<
> > > I took the camera out this evening at dusk to test.
> > > Very, very snappy focusing. I am delighted.

> > Excellent Stephen, good result. I've not had cause to use Nikon service

> yet
> > but I only ever hear good things about them. My 5700 purchased in January

> is
> > so far behaving itself perfectly (touch wood!)
> >
> > --
> > Dave Newton
> >
> > Lake District Walk&Photo web site
> > http://www.daves-lakeland-mountains.co.uk

Mike

"Percy Fonowski" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> I purchased a 5700 just before Christmas, and it became defective (Lens

error) in June. I
> took it into Nikon Canada and they promptly repaired it under warranty.

Excellent service. It
> came back looking like new (no dust, lens and body cleaned).
>
> Percy.
> In article <bfrl42$qqb$(E-Mail Removed)>, (E-Mail Removed) says...
> > Took my D1x to Nikon Canada to have the firmware upgraded before

Christmas
> > when visiting Toronto from South Africa.( purchased camera in Canada) ,
> > there was no charge and was done that morning, and at the same time they
> > noticed the focus on my well used 80-400 VR lens was rough. This was
> > repaired as well with a new focus mechanism. They also sold me the Nikon
> > Capture 3.5 upgrade for $100 Cdn (good deal)
> >
> > Impressed with Nikon Canada. They are very good. My contact here in

South
> > Africa with Nikon South Africa has been impressive as well. When I

needed a
> > replacement for batteries for my Nikon digital cameras, they made extra
> > effort to accommodate my needs.
> >
> > Frederick
> > Cape Town
> >
> > "Dave Newton" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:bfqua7$i4npd$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de...

causes

local

> > > Excellent Stephen, good result. I've not had cause to use Nikon

service
> > yet
> > > but I only ever hear good things about them. My 5700 purchased in

January
> > is
> > > so far behaving itself perfectly (touch wood!)
> > >
> > > --
> > > Dave Newton
> > >
> > > Lake District Walk&Photo web site
> > > http://www.daves-lakeland-mountains.co.uk

I gather Nikon still maintain their very early cameras and lenses and spare
parts. I wonder if other manufactures are as good say, Cannon for example?
Mike

Wes J

"Mike" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote

> I gather Nikon still maintain their very early cameras and lenses and

spare
> parts. I wonder if other manufactures are as good say, Cannon for example?
> Mike

Canon, maybe. Cannon, I'm not so sure!

one finger salute gonzo Computer Support 18 12-24-2004 08:47 PM
For those about to trash the warranty: I salute you. Unclaimed Mysteries Digital Photography 0 06-02-2004 04:44 AM
OT: Salute to the MCSE kpg MCSE 1 04-21-2004 12:14 AM
Salute to all Java Gurus (?=JTapi) Rajatheone Java 9 11-05-2003 10:33 PM

Advertisments