Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Sony Digicam Release Schedule

Sony Digicam Release Schedule

Mark Stephens

Hi there,

I'm seriously looking into purchasing a Sony digital camera. In
particular I'm quite interested in the DCS-P10 at the moment. However,
I'm wondering if you digital camera aficionados out there might know
how often Sony releases a new set of digital cameras. The reason being
that I'm worried that I'll buy the p10 only to have a newer-better
model released a couple of months later. Hopefully this doesn't seem
like too strange a query!

Thanks heaps,

Mark Stephens

Godfrey DiGiorgi

It's best to buy a camera based upon what a particular model does in
relation to your needs. If you are always going to worry about having
the "latest", you will always be unsatisfied with what you have.

Godfrey

In article <(E-Mail Removed)> , Mark
Stephens <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> I'm seriously looking into purchasing a Sony digital camera. In
> particular I'm quite interested in the DCS-P10 at the moment. However,
> I'm wondering if you digital camera aficionados out there might know
> how often Sony releases a new set of digital cameras. The reason being
> that I'm worried that I'll buy the p10 only to have a newer-better
> model released a couple of months later. Hopefully this doesn't seem
> like too strange a query!
>
> Thanks heaps,
>
> Mark Stephens

John O.

In article <(E-Mail Removed)> ,
> Hi there,
>
> I'm seriously looking into purchasing a Sony digital camera. In
> particular I'm quite interested in the DCS-P10 at the moment. However,
> I'm wondering if you digital camera aficionados out there might know
> how often Sony releases a new set of digital cameras. The reason being
> that I'm worried that I'll buy the p10 only to have a newer-better
> model released a couple of months later. Hopefully this doesn't seem
> like too strange a query!
>
> Thanks heaps,
>
> Mark Stephens

Of course they will release another one. And after that, another one.
Every year, there will be another one. It will (hopefully) never end.
When you are ready to take pictures, buy a camera. Or wait, and try and
remember what you saw and maybe use a pencil to draw that wonderful
sunset on a sheet of paper.
--
John O.
There is no slack in light attack.

Mark Stephens

It's not really a worry with having only the "latest", but more a
concern about spending such a great amount of money and wanting to get
the best for my limited funds. If that means that I have to be a
little patient then I don't mind

-> Mark

Godfrey DiGiorgi <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:<240720032333005042%(E-Mail Removed)>...
> It's best to buy a camera based upon what a particular model does in
> relation to your needs. If you are always going to worry about having
> the "latest", you will always be unsatisfied with what you have.
>
> Godfrey
>
> In article <(E-Mail Removed)> , Mark
> Stephens <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> > Hi there,
> >
> > I'm seriously looking into purchasing a Sony digital camera. In
> > particular I'm quite interested in the DCS-P10 at the moment. However,
> > I'm wondering if you digital camera aficionados out there might know
> > how often Sony releases a new set of digital cameras. The reason being
> > that I'm worried that I'll buy the p10 only to have a newer-better
> > model released a couple of months later. Hopefully this doesn't seem
> > like too strange a query!
> >
> > Thanks heaps,
> >
> > Mark Stephens

Tumbleweed

"Mark Stephens" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> It's not really a worry with having only the "latest", but more a
> concern about spending such a great amount of money and wanting to get
> the best for my limited funds. If that means that I have to be a
> little patient then I don't mind
>
> -> Mark

In which case you could wait forever there is ALWAYS a new model out
shortly!. Only reason I'd wait is if a new model is due very soon, say
within next 1 or 2 months. check out www.dpreview.com

--
Tumbleweed

newsgroups)