Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Olympus D-100 Won't power on

Olympus D-100 Won't power on

Frank Kyne

Hello,
I wonder if anyone can help me please? We are on vacation at the
moment, so we don't have the manual for my daughter's Olympus Camedia
D-100. The problem is that the camera won't power on. When you open
the lens cover, absolutely nothing happens, it's as if there were no
batteries in it. I have tried numerous batteries with exactly the
same result. Does anyone have any suggestions?
Many thanks!

Frank Kyne
Poughkeepsie NY

Silvio Dante

http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) (Frank Kyne) staggered into the Bada Bing and slurred:

>Hello,
> I wonder if anyone can help me please? We are on vacation at the
>moment, so we don't have the manual for my daughter's Olympus Camedia
>D-100. The problem is that the camera won't power on. When you open
>the lens cover, absolutely nothing happens, it's as if there were no
>batteries in it. I have tried numerous batteries with exactly the
>same result. Does anyone have any suggestions?
> Many thanks!

If you checked the basics (dead batteries, backwards batteries, memory card
inserted incorrectly) the camera may have gotten wet in which case it may
come back to life if you remove the batteries and leave it alone long
enough to dry out.

I got an Olympus D490Z a little wet once in the rain... it died. I set in
on top of a warm oven for about 6 hours and then it was fine.

A friend of mine dropped a digital camera in a river... totally soaked.
It slowly regained some functions over the course of a few days
and then worked fine. However, I think that very few digital cameras would
recover from total immersion.

If the camera didn't suffer water damage then it probably needs to be taken
apart by a professional camera repair shop or the factory.

"She's so fat, her blood type is Ragu."

John O.

In article <(E-Mail Removed)> ,
(E-Mail Removed) says...
> Hello,
> I wonder if anyone can help me please? We are on vacation at the
> moment, so we don't have the manual for my daughter's Olympus Camedia
> D-100. The problem is that the camera won't power on. When you open
> the lens cover, absolutely nothing happens, it's as if there were no
> batteries in it. I have tried numerous batteries with exactly the
> same result. Does anyone have any suggestions?
> Many thanks!
>
> Frank Kyne
> Poughkeepsie NY

Not having power is a fairly basic problem. Sounds as if you've done all
you can. I mean, what else can the average person do?? Checked the
batteries..... turned the thing on and off.... nothing?? Well, then it
is probably broken.
--
John O.
There is no slack in light attack.