Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > My new 'toy' arrived!

My new 'toy' arrived!

JohnO

"Todd Walker" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message

> JohnO, can it be? You and I owning the SAME CAMERA? I just ordered my
> 10D about an hour ago. Say it isn't so!!!

Yeah, but I can't figure out how to put these darn Memory Sticks in
without them falling out. The floppy went in a little tight but I can't get
it to record the files are so big! Where's the plug for my Sony flash? I
also miss the click, click, click of the floppy drive.

It's a great camera, Todd ... have fun with it.

And just to let you know and not to worry ... I'm keeping my Mavica (why?
I haven't figured that one out yet) so we can still argue

JohnO

If I could, I would be more than happy to, I'm sick of being damp
Last year my yard was a dust bowl by this time. Now it looks and feels like
a tropical forest. Not sure which one I prefer ... maybe somewhere in the
middle?

"Mike Fields" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> You must be on the east coast --- could you PLEASE send
> some of that rain back out to the west coast ... Please ???
>
> --
> Mike "mikey" Fields
> http://home.comcast.net/~mike.fields/
> outgoing email scanned by Norton Antivirus ... is that good ?
>
> Linux users brag on how long their system stays up,
> Window users assume it's a temporary condition ...
>

> "JohnO" <johneo@NOSPAM!cox.net> wrote in message
> > Now I understand everyones excitement and all the posts about the Canon

> 10D
> > ... WOW!
> >
> > I recieved mine Tuesday and despite that the sun has not shown since and
> > much of the last few days have done nothing but rain I've still managed

> > get out and play with my 10D.
> >
> > Thanks to everyone for posting about the 10D ... you convinced me!
> >

> > Just a few resized samples ... nothing special but I'm on the learning
> > curve (albiet the beginning) and just getting the feel for this

fantastic
> > camera.
> >
> > These were using the 28-135 IS USM
> >
> > http://www.riview.com/g233145f.jpg
> >
> > http://www.riview.com/g233143f.jpg (not a great shot but look

> > the left)
> >
> > I think both of these were with the 75-300 IS USM
> >
> > http://www.riview.com/g233179f.jpg
> >
> > http://www.riview.com/g233200f.jpg
> >
> > Thanks! Now where is that sun?????

Randall Ainsworth

> You must be on the east coast --- could you PLEASE send
> some of that rain back out to the west coast ... Please ???

I'm on the coast of Washington (Aberdeen). Not much rain
lately...it's been pretty warm for these parts. I had to wait for an
overcast day to take the rain forest shots.

Mike Fields

Yeah, I am in the Seattle area -- it is hot and dry. Lots of
forest fires. Also lots of "thoughtful" (NOT) smokers
throwing their butts out the window and starting the fires
in the grass along the freeway. I think they said this is going
to be the driest July on record at this rate. It has been
dry enough that when it does rain I'm likely to run out with
my camera and take a picture of it -- us Washingtonians
get frightened when it is dry this long !!

--
Mike "mikey" Fields
http://home.comcast.net/~mike.fields/
outgoing email scanned by Norton Antivirus ... is that good ?

Linux users brag on how long their system stays up,
Window users assume it's a temporary condition ...

news:250720030655170204%(E-Mail Removed)...