Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > My new 'toy' arrived!

My new 'toy' arrived!

JohnO

Now I understand everyones excitement and all the posts about the Canon 10D
.... WOW!

I recieved mine Tuesday and despite that the sun has not shown since and
much of the last few days have done nothing but rain I've still managed to
get out and play with my 10D.

Thanks to everyone for posting about the 10D ... you convinced me!

Just a few resized samples ... nothing special but I'm on the learning
curve (albiet the beginning) and just getting the feel for this fantastic
camera.

These were using the 28-135 IS USM

http://www.riview.com/g233145f.jpg

http://www.riview.com/g233143f.jpg (not a great shot but look to
the left)

I think both of these were with the 75-300 IS USM

http://www.riview.com/g233179f.jpg

http://www.riview.com/g233200f.jpg

Thanks! Now where is that sun?????

PTRAVEL

"JohnO" <johneo@NOSPAM!cox.net> wrote in message
> Now I understand everyones excitement and all the posts about the Canon

10D
> ... WOW!
>
> I recieved mine Tuesday and despite that the sun has not shown since and
> much of the last few days have done nothing but rain I've still managed to
> get out and play with my 10D.
>
> Thanks to everyone for posting about the 10D ... you convinced me!
>

> Just a few resized samples ... nothing special but I'm on the learning
> curve (albiet the beginning) and just getting the feel for this fantastic
> camera.
>
> These were using the 28-135 IS USM
>
> http://www.riview.com/g233145f.jpg
>
> http://www.riview.com/g233143f.jpg (not a great shot but look

> the left)
>
> I think both of these were with the 75-300 IS USM
>
> http://www.riview.com/g233179f.jpg
>
> http://www.riview.com/g233200f.jpg
>
> Thanks! Now where is that sun?????

Thanks for sharing the pictures. I was sitting here, going through r.p.d.
and mentally questioning my decision to drop a lot of money on a 10d in the
next week or two. Then I read your post, and was reminded why I've decided
it's worth it.

BG250

Actually, I like the sea shots with the grey skies, very moody!
bg

"JohnO" <johneo@NOSPAM!cox.net> wrote in message
> Now I understand everyones excitement and all the posts about the Canon

10D
> ... WOW!
>
> I recieved mine Tuesday and despite that the sun has not shown since and
> much of the last few days have done nothing but rain I've still managed to
> get out and play with my 10D.
>
> Thanks to everyone for posting about the 10D ... you convinced me!
>

> Just a few resized samples ... nothing special but I'm on the learning
> curve (albiet the beginning) and just getting the feel for this fantastic
> camera.
>
> These were using the 28-135 IS USM
>
> http://www.riview.com/g233145f.jpg
>
> http://www.riview.com/g233143f.jpg (not a great shot but look

> the left)
>
> I think both of these were with the 75-300 IS USM
>
> http://www.riview.com/g233179f.jpg
>
> http://www.riview.com/g233200f.jpg
>
> Thanks! Now where is that sun?????

Randall Ainsworth

I've only had mine for a couple months but love it. Check out some
samples at http://users.techline.com/randya

Mark M

Randall Ainsworth wrote:
> I've only had mine for a couple months but love it. Check out some
> samples at http://users.techline.com/randya

Very nice images.
The color and mood in your sunsets are excellent.

Randall Ainsworth

> Very nice images.
> The color and mood in your sunsets are excellent.

Thank you. I'm looking forward to doing some portraits soon.

EDGY01

The real test is with blown up prints. Have you tried that yet?

dan

Randall Ainsworth

The largest I've had made are 8x12s and they look great. Just
looking at those it should do 16x20 easily and 20x24 if taken with
care.

Todd Walker

In article <j3STa.42074$b03.18896@lakeread03>, johneo@NOSPAM!cox.net
says...
> Now I understand everyones excitement and all the posts about the Canon 10D
> ... WOW!
>
> I recieved mine Tuesday and despite that the sun has not shown since and
> much of the last few days have done nothing but rain I've still managed to
> get out and play with my 10D.

JohnO, can it be? You and I owning the SAME CAMERA? I just ordered my
10D about an hour ago. Say it isn't so!!!

--
Todd Walker

Mike Fields

You must be on the east coast --- could you PLEASE send
some of that rain back out to the west coast ... Please ???

--
Mike "mikey" Fields
http://home.comcast.net/~mike.fields/

Linux users brag on how long their system stays up,
Window users assume it's a temporary condition ...