Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Re: Writing photos to DVD

Re: Writing photos to DVD

owenpevans

try a software package which uses current driver updates for new drives on
the market like EasyCDCreator 6
http://www.roxio.com/en/index.jhtml;...questid=380353
Hope this helps

--
Owen P. Evans
J.33.3

"eeb912" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:MMCTa.115459$(E-Mail Removed). net...
> The guy at Best Buy told me that the best way to store photos is on DVD.
> Ok, I have a DVD burner in my computer but can't figure out how to write
> photos onto it. When I write photos to a CD, I go into "My Pictures"

(using
> Windows XP), pick write photos to CD and poof, onto the CD they go. I

tried
> this with a DVD in the burner and no go. (I didn't really expect it to
> work.) I have Studio Version 8 and I know how to write a DVD using that,
> but the photos aren't accessible individually for editing, printing, etc.
> It just shows a slide show of the photos I have put together.
>
> Does anybody know how to do this? I just want a folder of photos on there
> that I can access as if they were on a CD. Do I need to get new software
> for this? I looked at the DVD software that came with the computer and

all
> it does is play DVD's.
>
> Thanks for any help,
> Liz

eeb912

Amazing! Thank you very much. It turns out that I had Roxio EasyCDCreator
version 5 already installed on my computer and never tried using it since
the Windows one worked just fine for me. They need to call it
CDandDVDCreator for people like me who need everything to be obvious.

I think I can fit all 3900 jpegs of my son's baseball season onto 3 DVD's.
Yay!

Liz
"owenpevans" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:w1DTa.17420$vz%(E-Mail Removed) le.rogers.com...
> try a software package which uses current driver updates for new drives on
> the market like EasyCDCreator 6

http://www.roxio.com/en/index.jhtml;...questid=380353
> Hope this helps
>
> --
> Owen P. Evans
> J.33.3
>

> "eeb912" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:MMCTa.115459$(E-Mail Removed). net...
> > The guy at Best Buy told me that the best way to store photos is on DVD.
> > Ok, I have a DVD burner in my computer but can't figure out how to write
> > photos onto it. When I write photos to a CD, I go into "My Pictures"

> (using
> > Windows XP), pick write photos to CD and poof, onto the CD they go. I

> tried
> > this with a DVD in the burner and no go. (I didn't really expect it to
> > work.) I have Studio Version 8 and I know how to write a DVD using

that,
> > but the photos aren't accessible individually for editing, printing,

etc.
> > It just shows a slide show of the photos I have put together.
> >
> > Does anybody know how to do this? I just want a folder of photos on

there
> > that I can access as if they were on a CD. Do I need to get new

software
> > for this? I looked at the DVD software that came with the computer and

> all
> > it does is play DVD's.
> >
> > Thanks for any help,
> > Liz

Ed Ruf

On Wed, 23 Jul 2003 22:16:35 GMT, in rec.photo.digital "eeb912"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Amazing! Thank you very much. It turns out that I had Roxio EasyCDCreator
>version 5 already installed on my computer and never tried using it since
>the Windows one worked just fine for me. They need to call it
>CDandDVDCreator for people like me who need everything to be obvious.

That's version 6. Version 5 was created before DVD burners were common,
maybe even before they were really available. Compatibility with DVD drives
was added through patches. Be sure you have the latest patches installed.

>I think I can fit all 3900 jpegs of my son's baseball season onto 3 DVD's.

Hopefully in at least some kind of directory hierarchy to help you find a
given image easier.
http://members.cox.net/egruf
See images taken with my CP-990 and 5700 at
http://members.cox.net/egruf-digicam

owenpevans

That's great Liz, glad I could help.
Here's the spot for getting upgrades:
http://www.roxio.com/en/support/software_updates.jhtml
You need to register your software so you will need the serial number from
the CD or package it came in. If you don't have that, maybe you can upgrade
to version 6 for a few bucks?
Cheers,
Owen