Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Canon CP-200 / CP-300 Photo Printers - How Good?

Canon CP-200 / CP-300 Photo Printers - How Good?

Pierre Bellavance

Has anyone tried the new Canon CP-200 / CP-300 Photo Printers?

How do they compare with an Ink Jet printer and commercial prints?

Thanks

Pierre

Spam Protection: Please remove the words "NOSPAM" and "REMOVE" from my email address in the "Email To" window of your program
if you want me to receive an e-mail version of your answer. Thanks.

Davidgilmour2003@hotmail.com

here is my opinion

1. it looks cool
2. it's portable
3. no electrucuty needed ( rechargable battery )

another good thing is that you know the exact costs of a photo.
one photo costs euro 0,68 ( $ 0,77 ) to print.

How does that compare to inkjet ? anyone ?

Alan F Cross schreef:

> In message <(E-Mail Removed)>, Pierre
> Bellavance <(E-Mail Removed)> writes
> >Has anyone tried the new Canon CP-200 / CP-300 Photo Printers?
> >
> >How do they compare with an Ink Jet printer and commercial prints?
> >
> >Thanks
> >
> >Pierre
> >
> >Spam Protection: Please remove the words "NOSPAM" and "REMOVE" from my
> >email address in the "Email To" window of your program
> >if you want me to receive an e-mail version of your answer. Thanks.

> I attended a Canon special day here in the UK a couple of weekends ago.
> Borrowed a Canon compact, took some shots of Lulworth Castle (the
> venue), then had the guy connect it to a CP-300. Neat, and the quality I
> guess about as good as your local D&P (no apparent tweaking). Print
> comes out dry, and is semi-sealed with an invisible laminate, so it's
> much better than inkjet. The Print Order System lets you choose how many
> prints from each, you can leave out the bad ones, you can even crop in
> the camera before printing, and then leave the kit to get on with it.
> The ribbon/paper pack is good for just 36 prints, so big orders will
> require one or more reloads.
>
> I print dye-sub professionally, and I think this technology is the way
> to go.
>
> Perhaps you can also connect the printer to your PC, and tweak the
> image, but the end result is a 6x4, so is it worth it?
> --
> Alan F Cross

FredBillie

<< Photo Printers - How Good?
From: "(E-Mail Removed)" http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)
Date: Thu, Jul 24, 2003 12:57 AM

Alan F Cross schreef:

> In message <(E-Mail Removed)>, Pierre
> Bellavance <(E-Mail Removed)> writes
> >Has anyone tried the new Canon CP-200 / CP-300 Photo Printers?
> >
> >How do they compare with an Ink Jet printer and commercial prints?
> >
> >Thanks
> >
> >Pierre
> >
> >Spam Protection: Please remove the words "NOSPAM" and "REMOVE" from my
> >email address in the "Email To" window of your program
> >if you want me to receive an e-mail version of your answer. Thanks.

> I attended a Canon special day here in the UK a couple of weekends ago.
> Borrowed a Canon compact, took some shots of Lulworth Castle (the
> venue), then had the guy connect it to a CP-300. Neat, and the quality I
> guess about as good as your local D&P (no apparent tweaking). Print
> comes out dry, and is semi-sealed with an invisible laminate, so it's
> much better than inkjet. The Print Order System lets you choose how many
> prints from each, you can leave out the bad ones, you can even crop in
> the camera before printing, and then leave the kit to get on with it.
> The ribbon/paper pack is good for just 36 prints, so big orders will
> require one or more reloads.
>
> I print dye-sub professionally, and I think this technology is the way
> to go.
>
> Perhaps you can also connect the printer to your PC, and tweak the
> image, but the end result is a 6x4, so is it worth it?
> --
> Alan F Cross
>><BR><BR>

Don’t know about the ink jet costs per 4X6 but there have been consistent
rave reviews from different sources of the Hi-Ti dye sub printer and its costs
are in $.40 (U.S.).

Check out:

http://www.hitishop.com/index.html