Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Canon 10D battery question

Canon 10D battery question

deggers

only Ni- Cd batteries have memory better to use
Ni- MH they last longer and no memory
"Marc P." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ...
> Hi,
>
> Just wondering if the battery in the 10D has the "memory" effect
> common to many batteries. If I recharge it before it is fully
> discharged, will it develop the memory effect reducing the effective
> use time?
>
> Marc.

gr

"Charles Schuler" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote

> It is a reasonable concern. You could be orphaned at some point in the
> future. One would think, with a camera as popular as the 10D, that this

is
> unlikely. Another thing to feed your paranoia is repair. It too might

not
> be available in the future. We plunk down big bucks and detest the

concept
> of a short life for our toys. This is one of the down sides of high tech.

Agreed. Maybe my paranoia of proprietary batteries is moot. Most likely, by
the time the battery fails, I will upgrade the camera anyway. However, there
will eventually come a day that digital cameras are high quality (image and
durability), compact, flexible, and reasonably priced. When that day comes,
I'll likely buy my last camera. (I've had the same 35mm camera for 20 years,
and it still serves all my film needs.) I'll certainly want a
non-proprietary battery system for such a camera.

Todd Walker

In article <bfmrko$g6gdh$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de>,
> Perhaps. Maybe I'm just jaded because I've found that the lithium
> rechargables really don't last too long. My laptop uses one, and if I'm
> lucky I get about 2 years of use out of one. The price of replacements is
> insane. Give me a standard solution with AAs or something anytime. I'll
> gladly accept the extra weight.

The BP-511 is about $40. If mine lasts me two years, I think I will have
gotten my money's worth out of it.

--
Todd Walker