Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > resize with aspect ratio

resize with aspect ratio

mawsbaws

I have 1000+ photos on disk and would like to resize these all to a
specific width and height (maintaining aspect) for a gallery website.

Do i have to manually shrink each one and then add a border in an
image editor like paintshop to "pad out" the image or does anyone out
there use a tool that will do this for me?

Thanks

Roger

You can try Arles http://www.digitaldutch.com/ , this wil generate a
web-page with thumbnails.

Gr Roger www.powershot.ontheweb.nl

"mawsbaws" <(E-Mail Removed)> schreef in bericht
news:(E-Mail Removed) m...
> I have 1000+ photos on disk and would like to resize these all to a
> specific width and height (maintaining aspect) for a gallery website.
>
> Do i have to manually shrink each one and then add a border in an
> image editor like paintshop to "pad out" the image or does anyone out
> there use a tool that will do this for me?
>
> Thanks

Steve

mawsbaws wrote:
> I have 1000+ photos on disk and would like to resize these all to a
> specific width and height (maintaining aspect) for a gallery website.
>
> Do i have to manually shrink each one and then add a border in an
> image editor like paintshop to "pad out" the image or does anyone out
> there use a tool that will do this for me?
>
> Thanks

Mawsbaws:

I can't speak for PaintShop, but with Paint Shop Pro, you can specify your
aspect ratio. Paintshop should also hasve this ability as it is pretty
basic.

Steve

David Cohen

http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) (mawsbaws) wrote in message news:<(E-Mail Removed) om>...
> I have 1000+ photos on disk and would like to resize these all to a
> specific width and height (maintaining aspect) for a gallery website.
>
> Do i have to manually shrink each one and then add a border in an
> image editor like paintshop to "pad out" the image or does anyone out
> there use a tool that will do this for me?
>
> Thanks

You can use irfanview, but the statement 'specific width and height'
contradicts 'maintain aspect ratio' unless I'm not understanding
correctly. Anyway, irfanview will do whatever you want in batch mode
and it's free.
Dave Cohen