Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > reversing rings - Nikon AF / D-100

reversing rings - Nikon AF / D-100

Andrew

Dealers have 2 in stock a BR-2 and BR-2A
Anyone any ideas on what the difference is, and what will work with the AF
mount.

If anyone has used one of these successfully (or not!) on a D-100 that'd be
perfect

Interested to hear...

Many thanks

Andrew

Photon

It has just been discussed on the photo.net Nikon board:

http://www.photo.net/bboard/q-and-a-...?msg_id=005XDi

The BR2A is an updated BR2. The BR2A is supposedly the only one which is
safe to mount on AF cameras. If the prices are similar, I would select the
latter.

Still, I used to have a BR2 (non A) which mounted on my FM, F801s and F80
without damaging them...

news:bfjdc0$4hg$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Dealers have 2 in stock a BR-2 and BR-2A
> Anyone any ideas on what the difference is, and what will work with the AF
> mount.
>
> If anyone has used one of these successfully (or not!) on a D-100 that'd

be
> perfect
>
> Interested to hear...
>
> Many thanks
>
> Andrew

tim sewell

The D100 lists the BR2 ring as an "incompatible accessory" (page 176 of the
User Guide). Supposedly the male bayonet fitting can damage the CPU
contacts in the camera body.

news:bfjdc0$4hg$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Dealers have 2 in stock a BR-2 and BR-2A
> Anyone any ideas on what the difference is, and what will work with the AF
> mount.
>
> If anyone has used one of these successfully (or not!) on a D-100 that'd

be
> perfect
>
> Interested to hear...
>
> Many thanks
>
> Andrew

T P

"Andrew" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Dealers have 2 in stock a BR-2 and BR-2A
>Anyone any ideas on what the difference is, and what will work with the AF
>mount.

The BR-2 is suitable for manual focus Nikon bodies. The BR-2A has a
slightly thinner locking flange which gives greater clearance to the
electronic contacts in the Nikon AF mount.

Some people use the BR-2 on their AF Nikon bodies without problems,
however Nikon don't recommend this because you would risk damage to
the contacts, which are expensive to repair.

If you're buying a new reversing ring, just buy the BR-2A which will
fit any Nikon camera body from 1959-2003 without problems.

Andrew

thanks everyone

Andrew

news(E-Mail Removed)...