Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Minolta S414

Minolta S414

Gav

I'm considering getting the Minolta S414. Anybody here got one? Is it a good
buy?

Gav

Ian Burley

Excellent value only £259 via our affiliate Internet Cameras Direct - see

http://www.dp-now.com/shopping/shopping.html#icd

...which is a steal for a 4MP, 4x optical zoom camera of the S414's calibre.
It's not a compact camera but it's quick to use and excellent in terms of
image quality.

Bad news is that they are currently in very short supply, at least from
dealers offering them at decent prices.

Ian

--
Digital Photography Now
UK-based digital photo Web magazine

"Gav" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:bfja8s$h7h$(E-Mail Removed). ..
> I'm considering getting the Minolta S414. Anybody here got one? Is it a

good
> buy?
>
> Gav

Brandy Alexandre

Gav <(E-Mail Removed)>, with thought and
calculation, said in rec.photo.digital:

> I'm considering getting the Minolta S414. Anybody here got one? Is
> it a good buy?
>
> Gav

I just bought it from Amazon after reading many, many reviews of
satisfied people. Most said it was definitely a good value for money.
Complaints included tripod mount off the center of gravity, neck strap
in the way of card compartment, lenscap not attached, things like that,
but no complaints about the quality or speed. So, I bit the bullet.
There are some less expensive merchants, but Amazon is running a $50
gift certificate promo for a $250 purchase in electronics. I intend to
use that when I get it to purchase either a card upgrade or
rechargeable battery set (have to wait a few weeks so they know you
aren't going to return the camera).

--
Brandy**Alexandre®
http://www.swydm.com/?refer=BrandyAlx