Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > VHDL > CPU <> Memory chip communication interface

CPU <> Memory chip communication interface

Derek Gladding

Skybuck Flying wrote:

> "Bob Monsen" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Skybuck Flying wrote:
>> > "Bob Monsen" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> > news:(E-Mail Removed)...

Hi Skybuck

[snip]

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&i...=Google+Search

>> > and can be detected by devices, ports etc.

Just off of the top of my head (it's 5.30am here, and I've just done
a 16 hour day ... are you *sure* you want to move into this field? )

Here's some pointers to help with your research:

(warning, links may have wrapped)

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&l...er&btnG=Search
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&l...cy&btnG=Search
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&l...si&btnG=Search
http://www.google.com/search?q=capac...&ie=ISO-8859-1
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&l...io&btnG=Search
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&l...ce&btnG=Search
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&l...op&btnG=Search
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&l...ry&btnG=Search

There's a lot more than this, but IO isn't really my core experience.
Hopefully this will give you a starting point.

[snip]

> I seek a simple but realistic answer to my question for a real world
> device. If it's not simple then so be it.
>
> I do not seek a dumbed down version of reality so the MIT open courseware
> is not for me.

Everything you will ever deal with in electronics, logic, or computer
architecture is an approximation to some degree. One of the key skills
is choosing the right approximation for the specific task at hand.

HTH

- Derek