Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > 10D simple test

10D simple test

Tomash Bednarz

Canon 50mm 1.8 vs Tamron 28-300mm
http://trans2.cm.kyushu-u.ac.jp/fotk...-vs-28300mmXR/

Canon 50mm 1.8 vs Canon 28-135mm IS:
http://trans2.cm.kyushu-u.ac.jp/fotk...mm-vs-28135mm/

Mark M

"Tomash Bednarz" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:bfi6d1$qa4$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Canon 50mm 1.8 vs Tamron 28-300mm

http://trans2.cm.kyushu-u.ac.jp/fotk...-vs-28300mmXR/

> Canon 50mm 1.8 vs Canon 28-135mm IS:

http://trans2.cm.kyushu-u.ac.jp/fotk...mm-vs-28135mm/

It would help if you shot at the highest resolution setting.

David

http://trans2.cm.kyushu-u.ac.jp/fotk...amera-damiana/ if
this is a hotel room in Japan you can keep it. Hello Ritz Carlton

Rafe B.

On Mon, 21 Jul 2003 20:10:28 -0700, "Mark M" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>It would help if you shot at the highest resolution setting.

What are you talking about? The images are 3072 x 2048.
As I understand it, that's a 6 Mpixel image.

Maybe you're not ready for a 10D?

rafe b.
http://www.terrapinphoto.com

Mark M

"Rafe B." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Mon, 21 Jul 2003 20:10:28 -0700, "Mark M" <(E-Mail Removed)>
> wrote:
>

> >It would help if you shot at the highest resolution setting.

> What are you talking about? The images are 3072 x 2048.
> As I understand it, that's a 6 Mpixel image.
>
> Maybe you're not ready for a 10D?

My 10D works just fine, thanks.
As to your comments...
-Check it Bub...
The pics posted are 2048x1360.
Maybe he's using a "10D Jr.?"

wrote:

>"Tomash Bednarz" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:bfi6d1$qa4$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Canon 50mm 1.8 vs Tamron 28-300mm
>>

>http://trans2.cm.kyushu-u.ac.jp/fotk...-vs-28300mmXR/
>>
>> Canon 50mm 1.8 vs Canon 28-135mm IS:
>>

>http://trans2.cm.kyushu-u.ac.jp/fotk...mm-vs-28135mm/
>
>It would help if you shot at the highest resolution setting.

My apologies, Mark The two pix at the first link are full-res.
Those at the 2nd link are not.

rafe b.
http://www.terrapinphoto.com

Lionel

On Mon, 21 Jul 2003 20:38:59 -0700, in <Fl2Ta.13748$Bp2.577@fed1read07>,
"Mark M" <(E-Mail Removed)> said:

>My 10D works just fine, thanks.
>As to your comments...
>-Check it Bub...
>The pics posted are 2048x1360.
>Maybe he's using a "10D Jr.?"

Eh? - I think there's something the matter with your browser. I've got
<http://trans2.cm.kyushu-u.ac.jp/fotki/warlock/eos/21.7.03e-50mm-vs-28300mmXR/canon50.JPG>
open in front of me right now, & Opera 7.0 reports that it is indeed
3072x2048, which is exactly what my eyes are are telling me, as well.

Mark M

> >It would help if you shot at the highest resolution setting.
>

> My apologies, Mark The two pix at the first link are full-res.
> Those at the 2nd link are not.

That's OK.
You missed the second set, and it looks like I missed the first set.
I'm not sure why he chose to do each differently...
If he wants to save space, then a full-res crop would work too.

Tomash Bednarz

thanks for any signals

sorry for lower resolution in the second link
anyway u can see the differences i hope as an example, so do not be angry
i will do it again my fault

u can also see nigt shot taken from my apartement just as a test also:
http://trans2.cm.kyushu-u.ac.jp/fotk...y/104_0457.JPG

best regards to all of u
Tomash

"Tomash Bednarz" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:bfi6d1$qa4$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Canon 50mm 1.8 vs Tamron 28-300mm

http://trans2.cm.kyushu-u.ac.jp/fotk...-vs-28300mmXR/

> Canon 50mm 1.8 vs Canon 28-135mm IS:

http://trans2.cm.kyushu-u.ac.jp/fotk...mm-vs-28135mm/

Todd Walker

In article <bfi6d1$qa4$(E-Mail Removed)>, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) says...
> Canon 50mm 1.8 vs Tamron 28-300mm
> http://trans2.cm.kyushu-u.ac.jp/fotk...-vs-28300mmXR/
>
> Canon 50mm 1.8 vs Canon 28-135mm IS:
> http://trans2.cm.kyushu-u.ac.jp/fotk...mm-vs-28135mm/

Great stuff. Thanks for posting these. I am about to order a 10D with
the 50mm 1.8 and the 28-135IS USM so these were perfect comparisons for
me. I am shocked at the difference in quality between the Canon 50 and
the Tamron 28-300. All of the camera magazines are raving about the
Tamron lens and compared to the Canon 50 it looks pretty bad. Of course
you are comparing a 10x zoom to a prime so I guess if you take that into
account, it's not too bad but the difference is quite significant.

--
Todd Walker