Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > making a photo cd

making a photo cd

Greg

What is a good program for burning images to a cd and viewing them on a dvd
player? I have roxio easy cd creator platinum 5. But I can't find a way to
make a photo cd. I have a Sony DCP30 camera and would like to make a photo
cd for viewing. Any recommendations?

gr

"Greg" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote
> What is a good program for burning images to a cd and viewing them on a

dvd
> player? I have roxio easy cd creator platinum 5. But I can't find a way to
> make a photo cd. I have a Sony DCP30 camera and would like to make a photo
> cd for viewing. Any recommendations?

My printer came with some software called, "HP Memories CD". I believe it
creates a video CD, with optional music if you want it. Is this what you
mean? If so, the program mentioned downloading the latest version from the
HP web site (but I never bothered to do it). It may be freeware if you were
interested. (Or it may not... I dunno.)

Rich

you could try Xatshow, its pretty cool and allows more than 99 pics per show

www.digitalmood.co.uk

"HRosita" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi,
>
> If you have Roxio 5 Platinum, go to Start > Programs > ROxio Easy CD

Creator >
> Applications > Photo Relay
>
> and follow pretty intuitive instructions.
> Rosita

Greg

I really don't see that program accomplishing what I originally asked.

"HRosita" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi,
>
> If you have Roxio 5 Platinum, go to Start > Programs > ROxio Easy CD

Creator >
> Applications > Photo Relay
>
> and follow pretty intuitive instructions.
> Rosita

HRosita

> "Greg" http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) wrote:

>I really don't see that program accomplishing what I originally asked

Your subject line says:
Making a Photo CD

Roxio will do that if you follow their path.
If you don't see it maybe something else will help you better.
Rosita

Spiderman

hi... u can use ulead photo show 2, or picturetotv... they worked great.

spiderman

--
##########*****************(((((((((((LECORP TECHNOLOGIES PTE
LTD)))))))))))*************#############
"HRosita" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > "Greg" (E-Mail Removed) wrote:

> >I really don't see that program accomplishing what I originally asked

> Your subject line says:
> Making a Photo CD
>
> Roxio will do that if you follow their path.
> If you don't see it maybe something else will help you better.
> Rosita

I.Reject.Spam@my.isp

Archived from "Greg" <(E-Mail Removed)> on Mon, 21 Jul 2003 15:53:52
-0500:

>What is a good program for burning images to a cd and viewing them on a dvd
>player?

Nero Burning Rom. Create a VCD.
mailto: clix.at.xeropixdotcom

Greg

I asked if it were possible to make a photo cd for viewing on a dvd player.
It doesn't look like roxio is capable of that. It looks like it will only
make a slide show player for a dvd rom and not a dvd player stand alone
unit. Or am I missing something?

"HRosita" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > "Greg" (E-Mail Removed) wrote:

> >I really don't see that program accomplishing what I originally asked

> Your subject line says:
> Making a Photo CD
>
> Roxio will do that if you follow their path.
> If you don't see it maybe something else will help you better.
> Rosita

Marvin Margoshes

"Greg" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> What is a good program for burning images to a cd and viewing them on a

dvd
> player? I have roxio easy cd creator platinum 5. But I can't find a way to
> make a photo cd. I have a Sony DCP30 camera and would like to make a photo
> cd for viewing. Any recommendations?

Paint Shop Photo Album does this, and some photo editing as well. You can
try it free by downloading it from http://www.jasc.com/download_4.asp?.

Greg

Thanks. I will try this. I've used paint shop pro for several years. I've
not tried this program yet though.

Greg

news:(E-Mail Removed)...