Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Is there scratch-free printer paper?

Is there scratch-free printer paper?

WoodyMatthew3

Hi,
Does anyone know if there are scratch-free papers for computer printers on the
market?

If so, which are the best photo printers to handle such papers?

Thanks

Andrew McDonald

WoodyMatthew3 wrote:
> Does anyone know if there are scratch-free papers for computer printers on the
> market?

Scratch free? Do you mean that there are scratches in your prints? I
have an HP printer that does this but my Epson doesn't. The scratches
aren't in the paper I think, they are caused by poor paper handling in
the printer.

> If so, which are the best photo printers to handle such papers?

One that does not cause the scratches.

Andrew McDonald

WoodyMatthew3 wrote:
>>Scratch free? Do you mean that there are scratches in your prints? <

> No. I mean are there any scratch free papers for PC printers on the market?

Please define "scratch free" then. I have absolutely no idea what you
are talking about.

John Bean

On Sun, 20 Jul 2003 23:13:04 GMT, Andrew McDonald <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>I have absolutely no idea what you
>are talking about.

Thank goodness for that. I thought it was me...

--
Regards

John Bean

Andrew McDonald

Charlie D wrote:

> I believe he's after the diamond coated stuff.

They have diamond coated paper?

Gary Eickmeier

"Andrew McDonald" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:RHFSa.111708$(E-Mail Removed) rthlink.net...
> Charlie D wrote:
> >
> > I believe he's after the diamond coated stuff.

> They have diamond coated paper?

OK, I have noticed that Canon Photo Paper Pro has a softer emulsion
(coating) than, for example, Epson PGPP. Prints that show tram lines and
scratches on the Canon paper are clear on the Epson paper. I haven't noticed
much scratching after it comes out of the printer, however.

Gary Eickmeier

WoodyMatthew3

>>I have absolutely no idea what you
>>are talking about. <

>Thank goodness for that. I thought it was me... <

You've got to be kidding ??

Scratch-free paper would be paper that is resistant to scratching.

Perhaps not as resistant as Darkroom RC Photographic Paper----but not as easily
scratched as all the current inkjet photo papers out now. With all the current
inkjet photo papers I am seeing on the market, you can easily take your finger
nail & put a very noticeable scratch on the photo.

That is the major drawback of Inkjet Paper Vs Darkroom Photographic Paper.
They can make it look like a photograph developed in a darkroom---but the paper
quality is another story.

But I think your confusion to the question answers the question I was asking.

There evidently is no such durable paper invented for any sort of Printer yet.

Maybe someday.

Mark B.

"WoodyMatthew3" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> >>I have absolutely no idea what you
> >>are talking about. <

> >Thank goodness for that. I thought it was me... <

> You've got to be kidding ??

Nope!

> Scratch-free paper would be paper that is resistant to scratching.
>
> Perhaps not as resistant as Darkroom RC Photographic Paper----but not as

easily
> scratched as all the current inkjet photo papers out now. With all the

current
> inkjet photo papers I am seeing on the market, you can easily take your

finger
> nail & put a very noticeable scratch on the photo.

Stop doing that!

> That is the major drawback of Inkjet Paper Vs Darkroom Photographic Paper.
> They can make it look like a photograph developed in a darkroom---but the

paper
> quality is another story.
>
> But I think your confusion to the question answers the question I was

asking.

No, the confusion is that we're what the heck you're doing to your prints
that they get scratched easily? Never been a problem for me on the papers I
mention above.

Mark

Ron Hunter

Mark B. wrote:

> "WoodyMatthew3" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...

>>>Thank goodness for that. I thought it was me... <

>>You've got to be kidding ??
>>

> Nope!
>

>>Scratch-free paper would be paper that is resistant to scratching.
>>
>>Perhaps not as resistant as Darkroom RC Photographic Paper----but not as

> easily
>
>>scratched as all the current inkjet photo papers out now. With all the

> current
>
>>inkjet photo papers I am seeing on the market, you can easily take your

> finger
>
>>nail & put a very noticeable scratch on the photo.
>>

> Stop doing that!
>

>>That is the major drawback of Inkjet Paper Vs Darkroom Photographic Paper.
>>They can make it look like a photograph developed in a darkroom---but the

> paper
>
>>quality is another story.
>>
>>But I think your confusion to the question answers the question I was

> asking.
>

> No, the confusion is that we're what the heck you're doing to your prints
> that they get scratched easily? Never been a problem for me on the papers I
> mention above.
>
> Mark

I have not had a problem with scratching inkjet prints if they were
allowed to dry before handling.