Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Re: cmos & ccd

Re: cmos & ccd

Pena

"Jim Townsend" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Pena wrote:
>
> > Hi
> >
> > CCD's are suffering hot or dead pixels to some point BUT is it the same

with
> > CMOS, does it have the same 'problem'?

> I don't think there's a big difference between either technologies as far

as
> one having more dead pixels than the other.. You can read a detailed
> explanation of CMOS vs CCD here:

http://www.kodak.com/US/en/corp/rese...yFeatures/cmos.
shtml

Thanks Jim

> > I have CMOS but so far noticed just
> > some occasional dust particles on the sensor.

> Yes, dust is a pain
>
> But.. you probably have A LOT more hot or dead pixels than you realize.
>
> When sensors are made, there are always inevitable flaws in the

manufacturing
> process.
>
> At the factory, when the camera is being set up, they actually program the
> camera firmware to ignore, or map out the dead and hot pixels. Good

firmware
> will actually re-create the eliminated pixels by averaging those that were
> adjacent to it.

CMOS vs CCD - why Kodak has used a CMOS sensor in a small-sensor camera David J Taylor Digital Photography 4 08-15-2007 07:37 PM
CMOS vrs CCD Charlie Computer Support 3 05-08-2005 02:30 PM
Which is better - CCD or CMOS ? PeterH Digital Photography 6 01-06-2004 09:41 PM
Which Digital Cameras Use CMOS Sensors Instead of CCD's? N.E.1. Digital Photography 20 09-23-2003 12:20 PM
Re: cmos & ccd Don Stauffer Digital Photography 0 07-20-2003 04:55 PM

Advertisments